Something a CO once said.

by cappytan 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

sir82: s there anything more pointless and stupid than chastising congregation members for not attending meetings...at the lowest-attended meeting of all?

It's not as pointless as you might think. It serves to affirm in the minds of those in attendance that they are the obedient ones and they are the ones pleasing to Jehovah.

It also makes them more self-righteous and less compassionate.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I remember a talk from a CO who related the experience of a couple whose child died the day of the meeting and the couple went from the hospital to the meeting that night!!!

These people are friggin crazy.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket
    Ill keep my 3 F's to myself....,
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Sparrowdown, Yep they are crazy and I was one of them. My son's memorial was Saturday and I went to the JW memorial the NEXT DAY. There are many reasons for this but I guess that's another thread.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    We used to have some say "if you can go to the mall you can go to the hall" and "if you can sit at home you can sit at the hall". MORONS!
  • skin
    skin
    He said "Funeral" was a reason to miss a meeting? I'm sure I have heard it said "Let the dead bury the dead". In other words, don't miss meetings because someone has died.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Farting

Fecal incontinence

Fungus

First degree burns

Flu

Food poisoning

Fugue

• millie210
    millie210
    3rdgen39 minutes agoSparrowdown, Yep they are crazy and I was one of them. My son's memorial was Saturday and I went to the JW memorial the NEXT DAY. There are many reasons for this but I guess that's another thread

I was so touched by your post 3rdgen. Many of us gave and at times "over" gave, trying to do the "right" thing.

I empathize with your situation.

• yodastar
    yodastar
    If the updated version of the shepherd/elder guidelines are anything to go by it seems the oh so humble and lowly CO has got even more power and influence. Suppose it gives the GB some free time for more red wine.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oubliette hit the nail on the head again above!

Creating an over righteous critical view of fellow witnesses who are "slack" or "lack appreciation for the spiritual food" etc is the best way to enforce control.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit