Something a CO once said.

by cappytan 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    In fact, there is just one valid reason to miss a boasting session. If the value of attending is lower than the total cost, you should miss it. And I mean the real value, not some inflated fictitious value that you never get to see. I also do not mean the absolute value of whatever value you receive--if you get negative value from going, that adds a negative amount to the value. If, however, you get more positive value from going than your total cost, you should go because otherwise, you will lose the difference.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    His excuse was, that if we missed a meeting and then Armageddon comes and we are banned, we wouldnt know where our next meeting would be.

Err... we're living in a highly advanced information & technological era where everybody owns a cellphone / smartphone & communication is instantaneous

• hoser
    hoser

It's all about opportunity cost. If you've got nothing better to do attend the meeting

• antes8080
    antes8080
    the meething boringness is at all time high. so i been having a fever for months
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    With the guilt trip of having illness as the main excused absence from the meetings, is it any wonder that JWs have a high percentage of people on antidepressants and hypochondriacs?
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Ever hear that one?

Yes, I heard that statement too. Even better yet, last night's local "needs" was about missing meetings. Forget about the fever or fracture. You can pop an aspirin, and hobble in on crutches. And as for the funeral, why you know if it isn't yours it isn't any other JDubya's. After all they all know when the meeting is, so they better not be scheduling anyone's funeral for THAT time!

The point was made that, "where two or more are gathered in my name I am present also, so holy spirit is not at your home. It is here! at the Kingdom Hall!"

The F.O.G. was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Nothing but condamnation for anyone who didn't show up regardless of personal circumstances. IDIOTS!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Tell dat CO to get his head outta his ass 'n read mine.

Copulation, Intoxication, sloth-ification

AND

piss-off- and - go-f***-yourself-i'm-not goin-to-no-more-meetings-vacation

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Lol omg, biggest hypochondriacs in the world!!!! And whatever disease was recently covered in an Awake article, they had it!!!

i went to all the meetings, always, even if I had just had a baby, unless I was really sick, which didn't include having a cold. i never liked the meetings. But for some reason I never let myself skip them! Probably because of my huge guilt complex. But I haven't been to one in years, and I miss NOtHING about them.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I don't need "excuses," I have reasons, many of them in fact, to not go to the Kingdom Hall.

But here's the most important one: It's a cult!

• sir82
    sir82

Even better yet, last night's local "needs" was about missing meetings.

Is there anything more pointless and stupid than chastising congregation members for not attending meetings...at the lowest-attended meeting of all?

The ones who "should" hear it are not there to hear it. and the ones who are hearing it are the ones who show up to every meeting anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit