the Bible's view of marriage

by just n from bethel 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• free @ last
    free @ last

Larsinger58-"Interesting how you can emotionally look at something vs. legally."

Have you ever heard of a human being only living legally and not emotionally? What kind of bizaare reasoning was that???

Larsinger58-"So I understand, in the modern world where romance and monogamy is the norm that having a rapist marry his victim seems an insult to injury, but really it was in the interest of the woman this law was made, not to demonstrate misogynic tendencies."

Please tell me after you are raped that you would see the 'noble intent' of this law if it was carried out for you and your rapist. Whatever the intent of the law may have been we are all commenting on the brutal effects of the MISGUIDED law.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I'm looking for the problem...

• talesin
    talesin

Marriage as a romantic notion is modern and western .... it always was and still is in many lands, about women being property.

Which is why one of my favorite quotes is by Mae West ...

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution.

tal

• andys
    andys

After doing alot of research about marriage licenses my views is that its a "sacred covenant" between a man and woman, think of it this way, the very first marriage license was issued here in the United States on April 18, 1856 then the thought of marriage was changed to legal contract which is more on the thought of tradions of men

April 18, 1856 --- The first marriage license ever recorded in Shawnee County is issued to John D. Skidmore and Arabella Z. Rice, from Tecumseh. The Rev. W. Bradford performs the marriage ceremony Feb. 24, 1856, but the license isn't recorded until April 8, 1856. Four marriage licenses are issued in 1856 by Judge R.H. Gaw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit