Religious Authority an Enemy of Truth?

by D wiltshire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

D wiltshire:

How far back have we been held by religious authority?

Well, if you look at the JWs, frantically worshipping their ancient, tribal, barbaric God and the religion produced by such worship, I'd say we've been held back by something like five thousand years in our spiritual development. How could we not? We've had the WTBTS chained to our ankles for a longer or shorter period of time.

If you're looking for truth, or at least a different perspective, I highly recommend that you skim through The Urantia Book. I'd have to say that it is likely the very most important book I've ever read (and I read it, I didn't skim it, all the way through. Your library is likely to have one. If not, pick up one at a big book store and read through the tables of contents. There are two. One on a high level, the other on a more detailed level.)

If you do read it, I hope you will post me privately and let me know what you think. I appreciate a variety of perspectives.

Francois

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Francios,

Right now I'm pretty full with reading(science mainly), but will keep the book in mind.
    If I read it I will give you my thoughts on it.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit