A poem about SHARIA LAW: "She's buried chest-high"

by Nathan Natas 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
  • talesin
    talesin

NN

Thanks for posting this,,, many folks don't know that this is life for women (and gays) who live in places like Saudi Arabia and other lands with Sharia Law.

t

• talesin
    talesin

bttt

• talesin
    talesin

bttt

• Scully
    Scully

The Stoning of Soraya M. was not just an eye opening movie for me regarding the brutality of Sharia Law.

It filled me with a rage that I have never felt before. It made me sick for the innocent women who are railroaded into star-chamber, Judicial Committee™-like tribunals that are orchestrated to allow men to get rid of a wife they no longer desire. It made me feel contempt for the culture that raises boys and girls to believe that misogyny is normal, and that to disrespect your mother and all the other females in your life is a god-given right.

It made me want to learn Arabic. So many immigrant women from Arabic-speaking countries are not allowed by their husbands to learn to speak English, and if they do understand English, they will only whisper to you when the husband isn't around. I've met many of them after they have their babies. Their husbands speak for them, and claim to "translate" for them. I often had the feeling that the women did not feel free to express themselves in the presence of their husband. They seldom made eye contact, and when they did, all I could feel was fear and pleading from them. Even when I requested an interpreter for them, I often felt that I couldn't trust the translator.

I hate that the mentality that embraces Sharia Law is making a foothold in the west. I hate that all the strides we've made for gender equality could be dismantled within a generation if politicized Islamists have sufficient electoral support.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

And once again I find myself at once horrified and filled with rage at the pure utter evil that is religion, that which I once called good but it's sandal toed love is built on a river of blood.

• talesin
    talesin

*bump*

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The original video in the OP is no longer there, but I found a copy of the video and poem on Youtube. Here it is for those who want to see and hear, but be warned that you will need something to wipe the tears from your eyes. My heart hurts when I think about these horrors that are thrust upon innocent people on a daily basis.

Here

And here's a link to another thread which discusses the book that came out last year for Muslims about beating and controlling their wives.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/223599/1/How-to-beat-and-control-your-wife-a-new-Muslim-marriage-book

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

owww

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, OC!

I bumped this so folks would understand the true meaning of 'veils' and 'burkahs' .

The book Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia, is a must-read .... written by one of the princesses of the Royal Family.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit