BLOOD ISSUE! - Call Police for Backup...the JWs are mad!

by RagingBull 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You did make the right decision! I'm so sorry that you had to hear that crap. And from you baby's grandma no less! Do they even understand the impact of telling a mother (or father?) they should have let their little one die. You could have countered by asking them what kind of god would destroy this innocent child forever for a decision her parent made. I don't think it would have broke through the cognitive dissonance, but you'd have had the satisfaction of voicing it.

And Welcome! Is your story here? Have you introduced yourself? Did the blood issue lead to you leaving the WT?

NC

• talesin
    talesin

It's hard for me to grasp. Some people should be sterilized, imo. Imagine having the priviledge of caring for and nurturing a tiny, special person,,, and just letting them die? for no reason? No, neither can I.

*shakes head in disgust*

tal

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

one of the sad things is that there is no logic behind the JW position on abstaining from blood. They just pull together some scriptures from different parts of the bible. If those parents could sit down and read those verse in context they might see that they took a terrible risk for nothing, that the whole thing makes no sense

• ChainedNoLonger
    ChainedNoLonger

Thank you NC. The blood issue didn't lead up to me leaving. I had not introduced myself or shared my story; however, I just posted my story for you all to read. I'm sorry it is so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit