Knocking

by MrFreeze 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

When you were going door to door, how many times would you typically knock? How long would you wait before you moved onto the next door. Id knock twice and stay about a minute. Also, did you actually want to find people at home or were you relieved when nobody answered?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I didn't knock at all unless I was with someone who'd tattle. I tried to always work with the same person who didn't want anyone to answer the doors anyway, so we'd pretend to knock. Once when we had pretended, someone came to the door anyway and wondered WTH we were doing just lurking there.

If I was working with someone I didn't like, and it was her turn to talk, I'd knock for her loud and long to ensure someone came to the door...bonus points if the householder was pissed for how obnoxious the knock was.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'd ring the bell, if I could hear it, wait 30 seconds-1 minute, and ring again. Wait 1-2 more minutes, leave. Sometimes I wanted a person to answer, sometimes not.

What about approaching a house with a bunch of people sitting on the porch? I hated that! They see you coming, and are just waiting for you. It would usually be a bunch of young guys who just wanted to leer at me and joke around. I hated those houses!

• Free!!
    Free!!

i would practice the pretend ringing the doorbell... never actually knock unless i was w an older sister who would rat me out...

• Diest
    Diest

I wish I had thought of not knocking...now I feel dumb for it.....granted no one came to the door where I lived....I had maybe 4 "good" conversations in the 18 years i was in.(liberal area)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit