Okay, further on Jean-Claude. This is disgusting, basically telling witnesses "give up your job, ignore your families needs if it conflicts with meetings"

by therevealer 27 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

7 Jean-Claude, in the Central African
    Republic, is a married elder with
    three children. It is hard to find a job
    in that land, and most people will do
    almost anything to keep their job. One
    day, the productionmanager told Jean-
    Claude to begin working nights. Work
    would start at 6:30 in the evening, seven
    days a week. Jean-Claude told him
    that he not only had to care for the material
    needs of his family but also had
    to help them have a good relationship
    with God. He also said that he had
    to help the congregation. The manager
    told him: "If you are fortunate
    enough to have a job, you must forget
    all other things, including your wife,
    your children, and your problems. You
    must devote your life to nothing but
    your work. Make your choice: your religion
    or your work." What would you have done? Jean-Claude knew that if
    he lost his job, God would take care of
    him. He would still have a lot to do in
    God's service, and Jehovah would care
    for the material needs of his family.
    So he went to the next meeting. After
    that, he got ready to go to work even
    though he did not know if he still had
    a job. Just then, he got a phone call.
    The manager had been dismissed from
    his job, but our brother still had his.

• therevealer
    therevealer

How many think this smells as bad as the "sister" gave up a scholarship and then fell into a job that paid some stupid amount of money from a couple months back?

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Honestly, I think they LIE most of the time. How convenient is it that they never mention names of people or their congregations in these articles. How "encouraging" that would be to have the info so you can express your appreciation for the bro/or sis' experience. Noooooo....you'll never see that. Why? Because its bullsheet!

I would be happy if my boss asked me to work nights. If the elders asked about missing meetings for work, I'd gladly say "what kind of brother would I be if I didn't take care of my responsibilities of providing for my family? I'd be worse than a "WORDLY, WICKED MAN" wouldn't I?" - that's what I thought. LOL

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Sounds like a phony scenario if I've ever heard one. It presents an unrealistic, false dichotomy. I have long loathed the assignation of "Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU." to token 9 hours a month of stuffing man-made magazines into the doors of empty houses and sitting in a room full of oblivious retards, being brainwashed with man-made Watchtower dogma.

These stories should all have disclaimers which read:

*Some names have been changed and most of the details are complete bullshit.
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

This one time, I had this boss that wouldn't give me Saturday mornings off for service, and I really struggled with my conscience. Finally I announced that I WOULD NOT work on Saturday mornings cuz I had magazines to sell. He told me that come Monday morning I could expect a pink slip. So I prayed about it all week, and went out to sell magazines on Saturday morning as usual. That afternoon the elders met with me and assured me I was doing the right thing. They prayed with me and read scriptures. THEN, on Sunday morning the newspaper said that a serial killer had got hold of my boss. He chopped his body up in little pieces and ate his heart. I sensed an opportunity and visited the killer in jail the following Monday. He has expressed an interest in a bible study! Isn't Jehovah grand?

NC

• blondie
    blondie

One way the WTS lies about these experiences is to use composites of many people's experiences or to use one from 25 to 30 years ago presenting it as one that happened within the last year.

I knew of elders that worked on the road as salesmen or laying carpet who were "excused" from their responsibilities in the school and service meeting because they could not be there due to their work. Or the elder who was assigned to a book study on Tuesday night that had to have a "mature" MS assigned to the group because he could not be there on Tuesday nights. Or the elder who missed the CO's visit once a year because he had to take his family to Disney World for that month or lose their cushy spot in Fort Wilderness (told to me by a reliable "witness").

Or the firefighters who are elders who have three day shifts of a total of 24 hours continuously, not able to be at the meetings, etc. Or the elder who was allowed to attend another local congregation when they shifted the times on Sunday so he would not miss the meeting....but retain his status as elder in the first congregation.......

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

NewChapter...That exact same thing happened to me, except not only did the killer come into the truth, but about 30 of his relatives did also, and now they are all pioneering.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

WOW Magwitch. As OUTLAW would say: It's more common than worldly people know.

NC

• sir82
    sir82
    The manager had been dismissed from
    his job, but our brother still had his.

Erm, wouldn't that have happened whether he went to the meeting or not?

Or did Jehovah cause the manager to lose his job because Joe Elder went to the meeting? If so, why does Jehovah look the other way as millions of African babies live in torturous agony before finally succumbing to a slow painful death from starvation or AIDS? Why is the job of a JW elder more important than that?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Don't worry about those African babies Sir. After Jehovah slaughters their parents, he will ressurect the little tykes.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit