Interesting discussion about Bethel

by DagothUr 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

It's from the jwtalk.net (the Jdub forum). The name of the topic is "Bethel volunteers?":

Dub1: It was announced at our meeting last night volunteers for Bethel in NYC.
    was this letter read all over? temporary volunteers up to age 55, for different projects that is going on there.
    ---anyways it is interesting, so many opportunities opening up for service in Jehovah's organization!!

Dub2: Yep, that was supposed be read all over the US. They still need temp. workers. Maybe, I'll still be able to go - only 44

Dub1: That is a good opportunity, because generally to be able to go to bethel doesn't one have to have at least 2 years in full time service?

Dub3: I believe I was told you just need to be baptized 1 year to be able to apply.

Dub4: Yup, just 1 year baptism. Full-time service is not a prerequisite though it doesn't hurt. Bible School for Brothers/Married Couples & Gilead require the 2 years of full-time service.

AdminDub: They read the letter at tonight's meeting. 1 year since baptism required. And if a married person wants to volunteer for more than a month, the spouse should apply also.
    I didn't get a chance to look at the list of trades. I wouldn't mind doing something like this if I could just offer a week, maybe 2 at the most.

####################

Can anyone tell me if the 1 year after baptism is new or old?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

One reason the WT kick out all those bethelites was to save money. The other reasons they have found it is cheaper to have Temp. workers come in and do their consruction work. They can also get the skilled ones to do it. The RBC program is now design to trained ones in a skilled trade so these person hopefully will do Temp work for the WT. It's their new way to save money and get their work done. Totally ADD

• Room 215
    Room 215

"I wouldn't mind doing something like this if I could just offer a week, maybe 2 at the most." What?!! Is that all you can afford to offer on Jehovah's altar? What a piker... looks like a blemished lamb to me!

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Up to 55?...well, maybe they're looking for some potential new GB members too. I wish I could get some slaves to...I mean some volunteers to do some chores around my house

• Open mind
    Open mind

The old Bethel adage was:

"Spare the Bethelite,

Kill the Temp."

om

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

And if a married person wants to volunteer for more than a month, the spouse should apply also.

I know a lot of wives that would love to get rid of their husbands for a month+

But, I suppose a wife cannot be trusted on her own for that long- she may get a taste of freedom and start sinning

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

My mother mentioned that a young 19 year old brother was recently accepted to work at Bethel on a temporary basis. The young brother has only been baptised for 1 year and has not participated in full-time service. My mother mentioned that many in the congregation were surprised that such a recently young baptised brother without any full-time service was selected to work at Bethel - even on a temporary basis. Many of the old-timers assumed that Bethel would only select a brother that had at least put in one year of full-time service.

• Free!!
    Free!!

Lost-in-translation= Like someone said before... is all about the $$$... in my old congregation they gave privileges to a brother that had been baptize for a little over 5 months.... they said he was always spiritual and Jehovah needed him... (ppppllllleeeeaaaasssseee)

• factfinder
    factfinder

are they doing construction/rennovation work at Brooklyn Bethel?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Is this an opportunity for an undercover mission for someone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit