Bethel offering "After Armageddon Training...

by teenyuck 11 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

IrishDancinJames, the poster on another board who had the terrible Armageddon animated video, seems to have a real Armageddon hang up.

Here is a post he made on Purelanguage.net. The responses follow. Notice that the thread was shut down after 3 or 4 posts? The bold is mine. The second poster seems to have PO'd the board moderator and the thread was then shut.

This also is interesting after reading Ginny's thread on life after Armageddon.

Go to first unread post Last Thread Next Thread
    Author Thread

IrishDancinJames

Exciting info from the C.O
    Just thought I'd share this exciting tit-bit of info... during our Circuit Overseers excellent talk (it was about our sense of urgency, and how little time is left) he mentioned that the Brooklyn Bethel are doing "after armageddon training" for some of the brothers there. Exciting eh? When he said that, I could feel a ripple of excitement travel through the congregation. The society are always a few steps ahead of everyone else on thing, so this really brings home how close we are now. Does anyone else know anything about this, what this training involves, or how many are doing it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-17-2002 12:15 PM

Bunky

After Armageddon Training
    Well, it seems to me that we are all doing that, training for life after Armageddon, since the spiritual paradise exists now that will survive through Armageddon. What does it take to get into this spiritual paradise and how do we stay in it? The publications at times have suggested perhaps some of the building work done today may come in handy in the new system (assuming we keep building in the same fashion with the same materials). But the most important building is our building up our relationship with Jehovah and Jesus Christ.

In times past the Society has given practical advice on how to continue to conduct the preaching work under ban and persecution. I just remember that we receive our instructions from the faithful and discreet slave class through its legal instrument the Watchtower magazine. I'm sure if such a thing is happening, it will be conveyed to all of Jehovah's people in that way.

01-17-2002 01:00 PM

ManofTrueGod
    Administrator

After Armageddon scenarios...
    You survived, and then you realized someone else you did not expect and has hurt you has survived as well. What sort of training do you need NOW to live another hour in post-Armageddon world with that someone?

You survived, and were being given assignments of clean-up that you have never dreamed doing yourself. What sort of training do you need NOW to live longer another hour in post-Armageddon world with those kind of assignments?

You survived, and it is now weeks, but Paradise doesn't seem to be happening at the pace you thought it would, what sort of training do you need NOW to avoid a critical and complaining spirit against the leadership in post-Armageddon world with those seeming delays?

Some training are special for logistics and organizational reasons. Some are life or death, hoping that you survive the 1,000 years one day at a time.

01-17-2002 03:36 PM

benadam

The best survival training is what we are all getting right now in counsel to build on our relationship with Jehovah and His Organization.

However, it is best to receive instruction like this in congregation, through Jehovah's dedicated channel of communication.

That way we avoid hearsay or speculation.

This thread is closed at this point.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

It sounds like some at purelanguage.net mentioned something that the person who runs the site couldn't explain or didn't like being mentioned.

I wonder how many posts on this site are like that.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    The society are always a few steps ahead of everyone else on thing..(sic)

Yes indeedy! They certainly were "a few steps ahead" when they stood on the bridge waiting to be lifted up to heaven, and when they built Beth Sharim in San Diego for the resurrected Middle Eastern prophets, and when they sold Beth Sharim when they realized the prophets preferred to remain in their graves for now.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Since I started poking around that site, I have come across three or four threads that deal with Armageddon. The threads do not last long. Someone, inevitabley, brings up "Jehovah will take care of us, we should be concerned with getting through the great tribulation, not what life will be like.

IrishJames post is funny because he says the CO came and talked about the Bethel training. I guess the everyday pubs get nothing. Strikingly similar to Ginny's thread with the man who lives through and realizes that they do not have a clue what to do to live.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

eek what a site it is ... plus - they allowed someone to register as 'SpunkyOne' ??? this means something interesting here in the uk ...

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Comes complete with a "Bullshit Suppository"

ashi

• picosito
    picosito

I heard that one post-Armageddon class segment consists of the topic "How the hell do we get these cans of beans open since Jehovah destroyed the part of the supermarket where the can openers used to be."

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I'd rather burn in the bowels of hell than spend one post armageddon day in a world of Jehovahs's Witnesses.

I'd rather have my left testicle ripped loose from it's resting place by a pack of Pit Bulldogs than take post armageddon orders from a group of elders.

I'd rather be stuck in Fargo, North Dakota in January with a prostitute eaten up with venereal ulcers than live in a post armageddon world ruled by a god who destroyed millions of innocent men, women and children just because they didn't buy into his convoluted and esoteric requirments for survival.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

• ladonna
    ladonna

Puff,

Thanks for the research on the "IrishOne"....Hmmmmmmm....seems he is rather "Armageddon" obsessed, isn't he?????

Ana

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

My mother who lives near Daytona Beach told me that a Bethel "brother" was giving a talk at her Kingdom Hall tonight. I asked her if he was going to speak on post Armageddon life? She didn't seem to know. I'll call her later and ask again.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit