the trinity

by dogisgod 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    No such thing as believeing somethings in the bible and not others. If that;s the case, you're no christian, you're a Jew or a mormon or a muslim.

I can't believe you actually wrote that! This is what trinity bashing does. It judges others by what you think is correct. Who are you to say someone is not a christian because they don't believe in your version of trinity teaching? It is only your interpretation of the bible.

I can write these things because it's true. It is not my interpretation Still Thinking. The scriptures are quite clear. A Christian specifically believes that Jesus Christ is his/her savior. The same savior that was promised/fortold/prophesized in the old testament. Scriptures state quite explicitly to the divinity of Jesus Christ. The church fathers [some who were taught by the apostles themselves] all wrote of Jesus being God, fully God.

Many jews and muslims perceived jesus as a prophet or his birth as a sign, but nothing more. Guess what? They're not christians. If you don;t think Jesus should have his own church and you should be a part of it, well then, you're no christian.

I'll address A Guest on my next reply.

dc

• tec
    tec

This:

If you don;t think Jesus should have his own church and you should be a part of it, well then, you're no christian.

is a completely different thing than this:

No such thing as believeing somethings in the bible and not others. If that;s the case, you're no christian, you're a Jew or a mormon or a muslim.

We must believe in Christ, yes. HE is the Word of God. There is nothing that says we must believe the bible is inerrant, from start to finish, in order to be in union with Christ. People have been believing in the bible, and also going against it, since it was put together.

Peace,

Tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

TTWSYF I don't believe Jesus was just a prophet...I believe he is Gods son...but I don't believe in your religions trinity idea....how does that make me like a Jew, Mormon or Muslim?

Tec I agree...he has said two different things there...

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

SA- Thanks for replying to my semi-rant. I hope to answer to my reports as to what the scriptures actually say, I think I can answer.

If the bible didn;t say that Jesus was God and the Holy Ghost was God ... Also, the bible doesn't say that the holy ghost is a god, but the God],

I am aware that the Bible says that Christ is the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 3:17), dear TTWSYF (peace to you!) and that some versions say he was "god" (although the latter truly is a mistransliteration of the Greek... which is a [mis]translation of Aramaic)... but can you point me to where it says that the Holy Spirit is a god OR [the] God? Thank you!

Answer- Acts 5 ;1-4 states that a lie to the Holy Spirit is a lie to God himself.

Malachi 2;10 states that there is one creator, Is 44;24 says that God/Jehovah alone created all things, Job 33;4 and Ps 104;30 state that the Holy Spirit is the creator......incidently John 1;3 and Col 1;16-17 state that Jesus was the creator........stupid bible, that's why people believe in the trinity

Mark 3;29 states that the Holy Ghost can be blasphemed.....Blasphemed? I do believe that only God can be blasphemed.

These scriptural examples are more than enough evidence as that is what the bible states. Not telling you an interpretation, only giving the scriptural references as they are written. These same references are confirmed in the writtings of the majority of the church fathers.

One more 'proof text' [mind you, I am not trying to convert you by any stretch, but I know what I am reading, right?] Eph 4;5 states that there is but one Lord, yet the Father and the Spirit both claim to be Lord. Matt 11;25 and Cor 3;17.

you cannot believe in the bible and beleive that Jesus was a god and the holy ghost was God's active force, that contridicts the bible and is false...sorry.

How, then, then Christ give "holy spirit" to his disciples when he "blew" on them? (John 20:22) Not that I believe in the Bible; I do not. But what exactly what it that he "blew" on them and told them to "receive"?

I am not sure as to a detailed discription of the Trinity as it is a mystery as much as God is. We cannot even comprehend the concept of not having a beginning can we?

Do you believe the bible is the word of God

Well, no. Because it isn't. The Bible itself tells you what the word is... and it isn't itself. (John 1:14; Revelation 19:13) How can one "believe" in the Bible, yet not believe what it says?

You don't believe that it is, but I do. We certainly are entitled to our opinions, but the scriptures are quite clear that ALL scripture is beneficial to men.

or are you of a different faith like Islam or Mormanism or something else?

Ummmmm... if you mean different from those who believe the Bible is the word of God, I would have to say "something else." However, christian is accurate...

So you don't believe the bible is the word of God, so you don;t believe Jesus is God in the flesh [Emanuel=God with us], so you couldn't have faith in salvation in HIS name so....are you sure you're a Christian?

No such thing as believeing somethings in the bible and not others.

Sure there is. Because the Bible's been tampered with. It was prophesied and Christ corroborated that when he condemned the work of the scribes along with that of the Pharisees. And, for those who believe it couldn't BE tampered with... why the warning in the Revelation? There's no point in warning against something that CAN'T be done; one only warns as to something that CAN... but SHOULDN'T... be done. Since when has "shouldn't" stopped earthling man?

I repectfully disagree with you on many fronts. 1st-How would you decern what is true and what is false? ie -Gabriel did go to Mary and tell her that she would bear Jesus, but there's no such thing as the Devil.

What proof or evidence is there that the bible has been tampered with? Names, dates, etc?

There exist thousands and thousands and thousands of anceint copies of the old and new testaments that have been found and confirm the existence of a consistant group of scriptures. Furthermore, all of the gospels and the majority of the bible cannon confirmed around 380-381 had been previously confirmed around 187 ad.

If that;s the case, you're no christian,

Ummmm... believing in the Bible isn't a prerequiste to being a christian, dear one. Believing in Christ... and receiving an anointing from him with holy spirit... is what makes one a "christian" ("christ" - kristos - chosen/anointed... "ian" - person). C'mon, if you're gonna push the Bible as the be all end all of it all... then at least know what it says. You know, beyond the "usual" one or two verses that Bible-worshippers like to through out every now and again.

It takes more than just believing in Christ. You must repent and be baptized in the name [name once] of the Father, the Son and the Holy ghost [3 beings] and be born again. Furthermore, your true conversion would be justified by works [and I don;t mean going to prisons pushing the Watchtower]

you're a Jew or a mormon or a muslim.

A Jew, yes, but in blood, not faith. And so far back it doesn't really matter... right now.

Look, try reading your Bible with a Greek Interlinear help aide... that gives definitions for the Greek words, as well as shows things like which words were/weren't capitalized (all) and what conjunctions, qualifiers, and other words were/weren't really used. Might shed a whole NEW LIGHT for you on what's REALLY in the Bible.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Thanks again SA. If you want more scriptural examples of the divinity of the Holy Spirit and/or the divinity of Jesus, I am more than happy to post them. Thanks for thinking of me with an interliniar, I probably do not need an interliniar as I avoid mistranslations like the NWT. I know he capitals argument, it has now weight to me.

peace to you too, sincerely,

dc

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

TTWSYF I don't believe Jesus was just a prophet...I believe he is Gods son...but I don't believe in your religions trinity idea....how does that make me like a Jew, Mormon or Muslim?

Tec I agree...he has said two different things there...

I did say two different things....sorry, I had a beverage or two when I made my first post hereand I did look to get a charge out of some friends...HELLO DESIGNS, but getting to Still Thinking. Again, I am not here to convert you to my faith, but the bible says what it says,....and yes, the bible says that Jesus is God's only son, but the bible also says that he IS God. Just because you won't acknowledge those scriptures doesn't mean that they don't exist.

IS 9;6 fortells of Jesus's birth.

6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Now let's say that the capital letters were taken out, is there any doubt that Jesus is referred to as everlasting father?

respectfully,

dc

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

IS THERE NO ONE HERE WHO CAN EVEN CHALLENGE ME?!

respectfully,

DC

• Muhammad Ibn Yusuf
    Muhammad Ibn Yusuf

This whole discussion is farticulous and bobbelschmucked. Trinity is a fictitious western antihero from the 1970's. They Call Me Trinity, Trinity Is Still My Name. Jog your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70GP8K_DO8

An excellent laugh, and more amazing when you realise this actor really was that quick.

MIY

• Diest
    Diest

Exudus 7:1 makes moses a demi god....a god to pharaoh. Does that mean it is all polythiestic? Ahh to argue about unprovable things. In the end it is important to remember that Luke Skywalker could totally destroy Harry Potter. Jedi's can take down a wizzard anyday!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    IS THERE NO ONE HERE WHO CAN EVEN CHALLENGE ME?!

oh dear....

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Exudus 7:1 makes moses a demi god....a god to pharaoh. Does that mean it is all polythiestic? Ahh to argue about unprovable things.

Hello Deist, While Moses may have been considered a demi god and even Satan is called the evil god of the world matters not as all gods are false save for the God. Are you suggesting that IS 9;6 refers to Jesus as a god and not God?

DC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit