You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him

by jean-luc picard 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Good post!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks for the post! Theyve got it wrong so many times in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. No change there.

Timmy T, you look FAB! SO HAPPY! x

• clarity
    clarity

wobble ...as I read your words, my mind went...what! I never noticed that! lol

Good point!

"I also cringe at the way they ignore context, and even adjacent verses, i.e they will go on about the earthquakes in Matt.24, but ignore the next verse that says "then men will deliver you up and kill you"

>

So, if vs. 9 says after earthquakes "then people will kill you", I don't see that happening!

Has Sizemic seen large scale hatred and killing after all those earthquakes in his neck of the woods?

Blondie, appreciate all your information.

c

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I'm just about ready.

Wait...

...hold on...

...ok, tell Him to wait. I gotta go pee.

Don't do it without me...!

• designs
    designs

Harold Camping must have been reading old Watchtower's and look where it got him....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am half-way through a great book, The Meaning of Jesus by Marcus Borg and N.T. Wright, historical Jesus scholars and active Christians.

They assert that given 1st century beliefs, Jesus preached the present Kingdom of God as real in his very presence. Domination time had ended. Many signs showed the inbreaking of the kingdom but it was obvious to all his followers that pollution still existed. He taught a present and future Kingdom at the same time. They point to Christ's real presence experienced by Christians for generations. Not a future promise but a present reality.

They were discussing the obviously not fully unviled part when I put the book down to finish a library book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit