Purity rings are so retarded

by sinis 5 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Now I'm not saying that you need to live a promiscuous life, but for the love of all that is natural, a young person should be able to test the waters as long as they are safe in doing so. Looking back at the JW mentality of waiting until you get married only blinds the mind and eyes of both parties involved. I see this mentality creeping into non JW religions as well, with the "purity ring" concept. Why fight nature? I think a person would be in a more favorable mind set having experienced sex, and all that goes with it, when truly finding someone to live and love with - sex becomes a back seat point since you would have done that been there type of thing.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If its a personal decision and not based off of religious reasons or forced into it by parents, why should it matter?

• sinis
    sinis

Personal decision based off of what, and to what end, exactly? What influenced the person to come to that decision? Lest we acknowledge that human tendency is the exact opposite, the purity ring makes absolutely NO sense!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

As I understand it, if you are a believer in God, fornication (sex before marriage) is condemed. I guess the rest of you would be free to do what you want in this regard. I have no opinion on so called 'purity rings'.

Outaservice

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I think it's creepy that fathers give their daughters these rings as a symbol of a contract of chastity. I can't think of anyone who I would less care to speak to about my sex life than my father. It's just too weird!

• rebel8
    rebel8

lololololol! This is what I see at the top of this page:

Purity rings are so retarded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit