This video is awesome

by yourmomma 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Thanks for the post momma.

I can understand the elder(? Wasanelderonce: I take your point, but lets be honest, he talks like an elder)

being evasive. I wonder what he or his partner would have said ( or thought) afterwards.

I had times myself, when I towed the official line whilst thinking to myself, what is this garbage I'm saying?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Most of the conversation centred on the flock book . . . I can't help but ask . . . why didn't they simply answer the question honestly? It's only an Elders manual FFS . . . it's not such a big deal and the guy has obviously read it . . . why not just explain it's existence honestly?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Smile...YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA!

...Naw, but seriously, that elder looked just like my daddy, it felt like my super J-dub dad was talking to me...UGH.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Fantastic video.

• KatP
    KatP

they poohed their pants!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

sizemik asks a good question.

Yes, they are told not to show the book to anyone else ever, but I've never read that they are told to deny its existence or to even deny what's in it.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The dude's request was clear: Be honest. Tell me what your organisation does, whether it's an organisation that lies and keeps secrets. Can I trust your organisation?

The elder's tactic was just as clear: First, study the Bible (in reality, a WTS book) with us, and later maybe we'll let you know more about our organisation. For now, I'd rather you just shut up and listen. And if you're not going to shut up and listen, I'll just go.

Studying with the JWs is like signing a sales or insurance contract: sign on the dotted line and maybe later you'll find out what's in the small print. When I signed on the line in 1986 there was no fine print to read. They controlled the information. Now, thank God, we have the internet and books by Ray Franz and others.

The cheek of that elder to throw it all back on the dude, claim that he was being deceptive, was disgusting.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The elder's tactic was just as clear: First, study the Bible (in reality, a WTS book) with us, and later maybe we'll let you know more about our organisation. For now, I'd rather you just shut up and listen. And if you're not going to shut up and listen, I'll just go.

This is precisely how I was trained to carry out the door-to-door ministry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit