Next time someone says "as JWs were all imperfect but it's still God's Organization"....

by RagingBull 16 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

After seeing some vids and links yesterday about the Society's intrest in Hedge Funds, as well as being in the United Way (they have a code for donations thru the United Way) I decided to search the WT CD to see if anything negative was said about either. Look what I found;

From the 2/15/1972 Watchtower

"However, you may feel that even though your church does not follow God's Word in every respect, it does teach fine things. But, then, do not even the worst criminals often do many many things that are good - donating to charities, supporting projects for community improvement, and so forth? Yet, they are criminals. So, too, a religious organization may appear good - doing and saying certain things taught in the Bible - but if it does not believe and faithfully adhere to all (there italics not mine) the teachings of God's Word, does God approve of it?"

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. So many negative things they say can be said about themselves and its as if the writers do not pay attention to what they're even saying. Its amazing. Even I know not to bash someone for doing something that I myself have done or doing.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    "However, you may feel that even though your church does not follow God's Word in every respect, it does teach fine things."

The only difference is that the JW's feel they follow God's word in every respect . . . even when they lie and deceive. You just can't argue with a sick mind.

• wobble
    wobble

I think the writers show the same mentality as those who have been DF'd for adultery say, and they do all the answers in the WT pertaining to the problem of the sin of adultery.

It's a kind of moral tourettes/freudian slip type mental thing.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Its a racket

• garyneal
    garyneal

marking

• snakeface
    snakeface

marking? Isn't that something feral cats do?

When someone says it's still God's organization even though everyone in it is imperfect....here's an illustration, such witnesses seem to like illustrations:

Suppose there's only one hospital in town. You need medical attention, but you know that your neighbor got an infection in that hospital and was also billed improperly. Over the years some of the doctors and nurses have been charged with malpractice and some are now in prison. Some patients have died on the operating table; others may have been molested by the custodian. The doctors have at times given wrong diagnoses and have had to take patients off their meds and start them on different meds. Many patients are on the internet, posting about the bad care they received there and how they are doing much better under the care of a different set of doctors in the next town. The staff at this hometown hospital, however, keeps warning the townspeople not to go to that other hospital because they will die if they do.

You need medical attention. Just because "some" of the staff there are imperfect, it is still the only hospital in town (just like "in Noah's day there was only one ark.") . What would you do?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It would just go over there head Snakeface! That is too logical.

• garyneal
    garyneal

snakeface, good analogy, but...

Throughout the years, doctors have been trying different new treatments on a sample of the population to test its effectiveness and test for any adverse reactions. Sometimes, these treatments go badly, but doctors learn and continue to refine their approach as their knowledge increased. Similarly, Jehovah has been guiding the slave along, being patient as even the slave is made up of imperfect people. However, as the slave learns and improves, accurate knowledge is increased to the benefit of the faithful ones. Just as we trust the doctors, in spite of their mistakes, so too do we trust Jehovah's visible organization.

I can easily see my wife doing this.

• BoleynGirl
    BoleynGirl

This segment of the WT sounds like what happened in my town recently.

We had some serious flooding earlier this year. A whole bunch of people turned up in the days afterwards to help the city "clean up", help businesses get back open etc. It was generosity on a massive scale.

So then our mayor decided to give out a whole bunch of awards to the "Flood Heros". One man who was very active in the recovery and clean-up effort (meaning photos in the newspaper, organising resources etc.) was listed to recieve an award. Then someone found out he had been in jail for 13 years for rape and armed robbery. The award was withdrawn.

The public reaction was very mixed. Some said that rape was never excusable and he shouldn't be publically awarded for anything, others said he is just trying to turn his life around.

But I guess the WT is correct. Yes, criminals can do good things. And I don't recall seeing any JWs out there in the streets helping out - unless it was to clean up their own Kingdom Hall.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The WTBTS are MASTERS at double speak. The problem with that is they now no longer know when they are doing it and have lost themselves in their own long trail of self conceit / self deceit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit