Watch Out, False Prophets!

by snowbird 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Zechariah 13:4-6 "On the Big Day, the lying prophets will be publicly exposed and humiliated. Then they'll wish they'd never swindled people with their 'visions.' No more masquerading in prophet clothes.But they'll deny they've even heard of such things: 'Me, a prophet? Not me. I'm a farmer—grew up on the farm.' And if someone says, 'And so where did you get that black eye?' they'll say, 'I ran into a door at a friend's house.' The Message Bible

Theocratic warfare tactics?

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Yes, they're always stratigizing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You can`t Pry the Truth out of them..

With a CrowBar..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

The Message Bible rocks, doesn't it?

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest

I'm a farmer—grew up on the farm.'

Hmmmm... now, would that be on a farm somewhere in, say, upper New York State... perhaps in/near/'round about Walkhill, dear Miz. Sibbie? LOLOLOLOL!

And yes, the Message is pretty good! I like it; my husband loves it!

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear one, and hope you're feeling a little better!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

Shelby, it's so weird how you and I think!

Believe me when I say that I thought of that very thing.

ROFL.

I am feeling a little better, thanks.

Syl

• snowbird
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Deuteronomy 18:20 "But any prophet who fakes it, who claims to speak in my name something I haven't commanded him to say, or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die."

21 -22 You may be wondering among yourselves, "How can we tell the difference, whether it was God who spoke or not?" Here's how: If what the prophet spoke in God's name doesn't happen, then obviously God wasn't behind it; the prophet made it up. Forget about him. The Message Bible

Be afraid, WT.

Be very afraid.

Syl

• Abraham Ansah
    Abraham Ansah

this issue is critical in all over the world. Jesus christ said there false prophet and they will deceive most people to grave, MATHEW 24:4-7

Again Pual also said this time is the people who will the prophet to prophecise, 2 TIM 4:3

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The more that I see verses from The Message Bible, the more I like it....Of course I am no scholar but it does seem to get to the point of the scripture even if the words are not literal...I recall studying this in one of WTS books but I could not recognize the verses . Here it is in the NWT :

Zech 13 .4 - 6

“And it must occur in that day [that] the prophets will become ashamed, each one of his vision when he prophesies; and they will not wear an official garment of hair for the purpose of deceiving. 5 And he will certainly say, ‘I am no prophet. I am a man cultivating [the] soil, because an earthling man himself acquired me from my youth on.’ 6 And one must say to him, ‘What are these wounds [on your person] between your hands?’ And he will have to say, ‘Those with which I was struck in the house of my intense lovers.’”

It does not have quite the same impact on the reader, does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit