Wasting one's life on an ancient fantasy

by Nickolas 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest
    quantum physics is being cast aside, and we're limiting our beliefs to what we can perceive from a very small bandwidth compared to the overall reality. There are many dimensions both "below" and "above".

I often totally marvel that those who believe in science do this, dear PS (peace to you!): cast aside physics. I don't know if you read my post to dear NVL (EP - peace to you!) awhile ago, but in it I shared what the Voice I heard... when I saw the physical universe come into existence... sounded like: again, math doesn't quite describe it. Even quantum physics would be elementary to describe it. But it wasn't words so much as it was "equations" of some sort... or some kind of "language" based on highly advanced math/equations.

It baffles my MIND that such ones so limit themselves; I truly don't understand it. [Some] religionist/theists seem to make up deities based on whim or false tales, and [some] atheists tend to overly limit themselves to only that which they can see. When even THIS world is empirically full of things we have not seen... and cannot see. They don't even know what lies beyond the "time" that rules our own galaxy! I understand the first group; they've primarily been misled by the blind... so that they themselves are blind. But the second... I just can't quite get what their "thing" is... why ask others to keep an open mind, when theirs are SO limited!

As for your friend, true psychics, mediums, and healers do exist. I recently had an email discussion with a dear one about this and share with her what my Lord gave me as to who they are and how they work. Some think I'm a psychic/medium; of course, I am not, not by any means. But that's another topic which I will share on a separate thread if and when I am directed to. Even so, while I don't have great affection for the work of psychics, etc., I don't want to be like those who take issue with something even if something GOOD resulted from it. In that light, I am glad for YOU... that your pain went away. Living with pain can be tough; I well know.

Dear Nick (peace to you!), my apologies for not addressing YOUR dilemma earlier and acknowledging YOUR... ummmmm... challenges at this point in your life. I hope you can find some way to be at peace with your wife's current choice. I realize that it was SHE who "changed the game plan" after you were married... and in opposition to your wishes (which must have ticked you off, then, as much as it does now!)... but after all these years... well, it's a lot to think of walking away from (not that you're thinking of that at all!). What I mean is that if you're NOT thinking that, then you're going to have to find some way to continue dealing.

May I suggest that you be forthright with her AND the "elders" about how you feel? You dear folks have been married 37 years or so, right? Where is she gonna go? Who's gonna take care of her? I cannot imagine that you married a stupid woman (albeit misled, which is not the same thing). Use their own "tools" against them: remind them (and her) that Christ said, "What God has yoked together let NO man put apart," and if they even THINK of talking your wife away from you, you will consider them to have sinned against you AND God in doing so. And that IF they do it, there is absolutely NO way you would ever even consider joining them... but will be "stumbled"... greatly.

Tell her that you've dealt with her faith the best you could for all of these years, that it was choice she made even against your wishes, and now she must deal with YOUR choice, which is NOT to join them. Tell her that you will "associate" with them, from time to time, so long as they DON'T bring up WT "stuff"... AND she agrees to "associated" from time to time with some of YOUR friends.

And then... wash your hands of the matter. You will said your piece, outright, upfront, and, to the best of your ability, in love. What happens after that is on everyone... but you. Because you will have made yourself crystal clear. If they don't respect that, then the heck with them.

But DON'T pull "headship" on your wife; both they and she have loopholes for that. Won't work. You have to appeal to their FEAR; that really is the ONLY way. And they fear stumbling others... as well as undoing something God has done.

Again, peace to you, both... and may JAH bless!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

P.S., Also tell them that, as a man, your very "disappointed" in them for helping to sow discontent in YOUR household, and that such has decreased the amount of respect YOU have for THEM, in light of who they claim to be. Tell them that YOU take care of her (if that is the case) and ask them, "If we break up because of YOUR meddling, are YOU going to take care of her? If not, then, who IS?" And if they tell you, "Well, "Jehovah" will care for her", simply say, "Well, He just might have to with what you all are doing to us." Even if your wife is appealing to them, after this, they won't entertain her pleas so easily. Sorry, but they really only like the "easy" problems. Peace to you!

• therevealer
    therevealer

The Mentalist says that there are no true Psychic's or some such thing and I beleive the Mentalist. And who doesn't LOL

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I suffered utterly excruciating pain for almost 30 years. The suicide rate is more than 95%. I was born in and severely abused.

I always view the world as good. God declared it good. So much life is sublime. Look at the mountains in the West or the rock formations in the Southwest. Maine's seacost. The Meditterean and the Caribean.

Music is wonderfully spiritual. The Beatles, The WHO, Dylan, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Russian Orthodox chants. Art - Rapheal, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, PIcasso, Turner, Constable, Chagall. Literary works.

This world is fundamentally good. The only problem is when circumstances stop us from living and savoring life abundantly. This world takes my breath away. A Creator must exist. Look at seashells, marvel at the dog-human connection, lions, tigers.

Flowers. There is so much that is so spiritual. Bad. No way.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

AGuest: It baffles my MIND that such ones so limit themselves; I truly don't understand it. [Some] religionist/theists seem to make up deities based on whim or false tales, and [some] atheists tend to overly limit themselves to only that which they can see. When even THIS world is empirically full of things we have not seen... and cannot see. They don't even know what lies beyond the "time" that rules our own galaxy! I understand the first group; they've primarily been misled by the blind... so that they themselves are blind. But the second... I just can't quite get what their "thing" is... why ask others to keep an open mind, when theirs are SO limited!

I think what happens is that when some exit the cult, there's a transition that goes on, and people take different paths. Some keep searching religion or the Bible, some give up on spirituality altogether. I believe in the end, we all end up in the same place.

On that line of thought, there is the Bible's condemnation of anything "occult" which would include ESP. The very acronym itself denotes perception beyond the five senses. The people who wrote the Bible wanted to keep that secret all to themselves so they could control and dominate the rank and file, so they demonized it. Some go from the "taboo" to "it doesn't exist". Personally I think the idea that it doesn't exist or that they are all charlatans is beyond absurd. My dog is living proof that my perceptions are limited to certain octaves, as he can certainly hear and smell things that I cannot. There's no denying that psychics are tapping into something. There's an information database out there that includes all the knowledge of the universe, and I believe that is what psychics refer to as the Akashic Record. The Bible calls it the Book of Life. It exists outside of our time-space continuum. Whatever we call it, it's a database we're all contributing to during each and every "now" moment that goes by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit