How are our friends in ChristChurch?

by tenyearsafter 26 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
  • tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Sorry...posted before I was done. I just heard on the news that ChristChurch was hit by several large earthquakes...hope everyone is ok!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks for asking TYA . . . no fatalities . . . about 45 injuries . . . many of the damaged buildings in the red zone (CBD - cordoned off since Feb 22nd Quake) have collapsed as a result of today . . . more liquefaction and rockslides in the hills.

Here's the seismometer drum . . . it's in real time and updates automatically.

Here's some piccies from today . . .

The city is actually undergoing a slow death . . . over 7000 quakes since last September

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Wow Sizemilk...you guys must be getting very tired of this day in day out! I live in So. California, so we are no strangers to seismic activity, but this just has to be wearing you down. I hope you and your family are safe and get some relief soon from all the rocking and rolling!!

TYA

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

My goodness, Sizemik, that really brings reality right in front of us.

I thought of you as soon as I heard the news, because I had a feeling you're in Christchurch. Is that right?

Those cars look as though they've sunk right into solid ground.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Thinking of you all in Christchurch and sending positive vibes to you.

If you need anything from your Aussie cousins let us know.

(((((Sizemik))))))

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah, I think I'm the only current poster from SI New Zealand. Liquefaction is a problem here because the central city is on very soft sediment. Hence the odd car goes sub-terranian.

Just got another hefty shock (4.7) as you posted . . . should appear on the drum (above at the bottom of graph) shortly.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Blessings and peace to you, Size, and all others who are undergoing hardships.

I'm so sorry.

Syl

• sizemik
    sizemik

We are all fine here . . . we're kinda used to staying safe . . . as safe as you can be anyway. Thanks heaps everyone . . . it's nice to be remembered at times like this.

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Glad to hear your OK sizemik; that liquefaction sounds like real scary stuff !

~ fortis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit