Please share your best home remedies!

by serenitynow! 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

another MOM tip - if your deodorant has failed or if you are out of antiperspirant (or if you fear the chemistry of antiperspirants) Milk of Magnesia does the job.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Syl, the garlic in the water actually works, a friend of my mothers did that for her pressure, she didn't like taking pills everyday, only thing is you've got to stick with it, don't do it for a day to so, like my mother did and expect do bring your pressure down and it will be stay that way forever !

That was my mothers problem didn't stick with the plan, tried all these remedies for arhritis and BP for a week or so and gives up.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ Icono.

I was expecting that!

Chewing raw garlic will give you garlicky breath; drinking garlic water doesn't do that to me.

Two-Third, are you serious?

Yes, it works, Shirley.

My crazy self just has to remember to replenish the water!

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

Bathe infections (bug bites, cat scratches, cuts) with warm, salt water. The salt is a disinfectant, and will 'draw out' the infection.

t

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Milk of Mag mask for oily skin. Wash your face, put a coating of MOM on your face for a couple of hours, or overnight, skin is a lot less oily.

Never heard of this. My skin is real oily, and the older I get the worst it gets.

• talesin
    talesin

EE

mixture of baking soda (or epsom salts) and water,,,, have a bath.

but oily usually means a DIET problem ... don't worry about it,,, as YOU get healthier, that will go away..

t

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Daily acidophilus for perfect skin complexion - teenagers should take this everyday

• talesin
    talesin

Mag

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    but oily usually means a DIET problem ... don't worry about it,,, as YOU get healthier, that will go away..

Yeah, I know, but I'm just going to hold out for a pill that takes care of the oil!

Maybe I'll try this:

Daily acidophilus for perfect skin complexion
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

serenitynow

Vicks on the feet helps with a cold? Interesting.

Yes, it really does! What I like about so many of these home remedies is that they can't do you any harm. I first heard about Vick on the feet from the girl at the checkout in the supermarket. I was at that stage of a cold when it was just disgusting...I'll spare you the details. I vicked my feet that night, thinking "this is daft, but let's try", and in the morning it was as though the cold had never been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit