Our fears and loyalties were manipulated and exploited to make us accomplices in maintaining our own ignorance

by free @ last 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free @ last
    free @ last

It's been 2 years since I left the Borg yet only 3 weeks since I visited my first apostate site... the venerable freeminds.org.

Today I've been knocking myself on the head trying to figure out what the hell took me so long!! A grown ass adult too!!

It's like I had already come to my personal conclusions about the truth about the truff and yet I was still mentally dissing apostates as the crazy freaks.

comments anyone?

p.s. as a born-in this is my first week using swear words........ how am I doing? Tee hee hee... never knew it could be so enjoyable

f@l

• sizemik
    sizemik

"hell" and "ass" are good . . . but you can't beat the occasional "fuck" . . . feels much better.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    It's been 2 years since I left the Borg yet only 3 weeks since I visited my first apostate site... the venerable freeminds.org.
    Today I've been knocking myself on the head trying to figure out what the hell took me so long!! A grown ass adult too!

Don't feel bad...it took me 13 years to check out apostates, and I was only out for eight years before internet use was widespread!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hooray for you, Free@last.

Let it rip because God doesn't care about your language; however, the squeaky clean ones on this db might. LOL

As Leonard Cohen said:

" You say I took the name in vain

I don't even know the name

But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
    There's a blaze of light
    In every word
    It doesn't matter which you heard
    The holy or the broken Hallelujah"

Enjoy your freedom but never forget there are others out there (big pharma comes to mind) who will manipulate you through fear also.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Welcome F@L, and if you want more research on swearing check out Andrew Dice Clay, Sam Kinison, Eddie Murphy, Katt Williams or someone who banged their foot on a bed leg. And if you wanna start light check out John Connor swearing 101 in Terminator 2. Oh and sailors apparently swear a bunch too. Youtube Bill O'Riley flips out.....that was good. They remixed it. Have fun and drop the bombs!

• free @ last
    free @ last

sizemik: I'm following your threads, studying them carefully for language and content, and hope to be cussing like a sailor shortly

Jamie: with a post count of 5000+ I think you've made up for lost time

Robdar: thanks for the advice.... but as far as pills are concerned I don't down 'em I only prescribe 'em. . . . . . (unless big pharma is the name of some manipulative poster I haven't run into yet)

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I'm following your threads, studying them carefully for language and content, and hope to be cussing like a sailor shortly

LOL . . . I'm not a frequent cussa . . . but it's nice to be "free" to do so when appropriate . . .

sizemik; still not banned KLASS

Greetings, enjoy your stay and make the most of it. Just be yourself.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Free@last

Well done and welcome!

Sizemik

Don't think my brain is working this morning. What does KLASS mean?

• steve2
    steve2

Some of us need to be dragged, kicking and screaming into adulthood. As much as I would never have chosen to have been disfellowshipped, that "judgement" forced me to grow up and take responsibility for my life. It means kicking out such idiotic beliefs as the talking snake or the vigin birth. I would never again allow myself to be manipulated and exploited by Christians or religionists of any shape or form, soothing, smiling, sexy or snarling .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit