Is it normal to spend so much time here?

by burnedout 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I ran away with all my heart as soon as my JW father died. He was literally dragging me against my will, pinching me and kicking me in full view of KH.

My life is very worldly. Yet I spend too much time here. I was always very isolation, My crowd is highly educated and worldly. No one would know what it is like to be a small church, let alone a cult as famous as the Witnesses. We all roll around the floor thinking of me as a good, devout Witness. Inside, I still have many hangups and hestiations from the Witnesses.

I was born-in. If I converted as an adult, it would be markedly different. The early years determine our mind set for the rest of our lives. It was hell being such a minority. No one gave us respect, neither the Witnesses or our Catholic neighbors. B/c of my Bethelite father, there is a strong link between severe child abuse and the witnesses. He could have been a Catholic, Mornmon or HIndu and abusive. It is all I know.

This site has helped validated my feelings and memories. Ipray I won't keep posting so much in the future. Maybe everyone here prays for that, too.

• agent zero
    agent zero

for me it comes in waves. sometimes i read and post here every day. sometimes i just read. other times i nearly forget it's there and don't visit for a month or two, or i'm too busy with other things. then suddenly i'll get right back into it for the next month. odd.

• agent zero
    agent zero

i think what got me into the swing of it this time around was going to the DC and wanting to know about the new-light on the toes in advance.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

As I got drawn more and more into the JW world I got more and more addicted to Farmville. One unreal world keeping me sane despite the insanity of another unreal world.

It can't be a coincidence that from the moment I discovered this site, and was enabled to set myself free from JW land (nearly, not quite there yet) I abandoned Farmville. Crops are wilting, animals are starving.I feel no incentive to go back for the time being, if ever.

There was nothing conscious about this. It's just the way of it, and I only realised it a few days ago.

• agent zero
    agent zero

Farmville is the spiritual paradise isn't it?

• nugget
    nugget

When my husband first found the site I would hardly see him in the evening he was obsessed with the place. Yes it is totally normal the site provides a helping hand and support and it helps to confirm the choices we make.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit