Will the Menlo Park thing crack the wall the GB has put up?

by aristeas 5 Replies latest jw friends

• aristeas
    aristeas

Since I'm new here (& at other similar websites) and have been largely learning by reading old posts, I hope I'm not being too repetitive.

Back around 2000 the GB, likely at the behest of Witness lawyers like Brumley, removed themselves from all officerships of the legal corporations and installed non-partaking trustworthy Bethel heavies to those posts nearly always held previously by GB members/'anointed ones'. It seems a shielding of themsleves from legal responsibility was their true motive.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw49.html

Since it looks like Don Adams is going to be subpoenaed in the ongoing Menlo Park case, what if some sharp, informed attorney presses him on the source of his orders/direction, and he has to fess up that it's all the GB? Am I missing something or this will not expose the GB to the very thing they have become so afraid of?

It's easy to imagine the kinds of reaction TODAY to the sorts of responses Fred Franz, Hayden Covington, and Milton Henschel gave to the questioning lawyer in the Walsh case in Scotland back in the 50s. Surely the media and 'opposers' would make certain this would get maximum publicity now.

Anyone's thoughts?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Are the GB really in charge - or just fugure heads?

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

In spiritual warefare lying and misdirection are approved techniques by God, as far as the GB are concerned. They will prepare well and be prepared to answer any and all attacks by the plaintiffs whether or not the answers are factual.

This is the method by which they protect the organization. Any and all costs are approved expenditures by the GB or Borg for this purpose. Whatever is testified to at any trial cannot be the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

MTM

• Joliette
    Joliette

I dont see any sucess coming out of this for the congregation. The society or, aka 'the brotherhood' is going to win. Too many slick brainwashed lawyers on their side.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think the corporate heads are thrilled to not have to bother with the religious aspect of things. They're businessmen, and they're perfectly happy to let the GB handle all that BS. If the GB gets too uppity or too loony I could see the corporation dispensing with them - they could do it legally and I have some ideas about how they could pull it off without losing too many rank and file JWs, too.

As for the other way around, the GB is beholden to the corporation for EVERYthing they have. Without the Borg supporting them they have nothing, no way to even disseminate "spiritual food" to the rank and file JWs.

The Menlo Park case is going to fail on some technicality, most likely. The poor plaintiffs don't even have an attorney. How many people stand a chance in court without a lawyer, especially when going up against a multi-billion dollar corporation? (Note: the Borg isn't named in the suit, just individuals who work in Borg middle and upper management)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Menlo Park case is going to fail on some technicality, most likely. The poor plaintiffs don't even have an attorney. How many people stand a chance in court without a lawyer, especially when going up against a multi-billion dollar corporation?

Couldn't they have strategized this some way to get the ACLU on their side?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit