Last chance to make an impact! Help me please....

by Anon_SA1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Anon_SA1
    Anon_SA1

So tomorrow is going to be my last encounter with a JW Friend of mine for various reasons on her side. (Long Story)

I have spent a lot of time discussing various concerns about the JW teachings, but haven’t been able to make any progress in helping her to question or doubt the teachings. Been through, 1914, 607, 1975, child abuse, false dates, Russel, Captives of a concept, UN, worship Jesus, New light, mediator, 144000

I am desperate to leave a lasting impression on her? Any suggestions? Ideas? I truly appreciate your time, thank you!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Research Billy the ex bethelites threads. I just bumped one good one up to the top.

• flipper
    flipper
    Suggest that she google "shunning in religion." Ask her how many people would leave if the watchtower discontinued the shunning policy.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

If you could tell us a little bit about her it might help.

I personally would tell any JW something like the following:

Whatever happens no matter how bad it gets is not going to be anything like what the Watchtower predicts and you'll be wasting your time being in it.

They used to say that the end times was between 1799 and 1914 and that 1914 was going to be the start of the Millennium with Armageddon being a 40 year period between 1874 and 1914. Then when that failed they started saying that 1914 was the beginning of the end and that the end would end within the lifetime of those who were then alive. Now they make some incomprehensible statement about 1914 and "overlapping generations".

Don't waste your future with people who can't understand what their future is going to be like.

Keep it simple and short otherwise she won't remember what you said later on. No point in trying to deluge her with information. It won't make a lasting impression to make more than two or three points. Just stick to that one and elaborate on it.

• Chris Hannover
    Chris Hannover

Show her you are happy without the her religion. Show her you are not obsessed with her religion.

She will take great pride in not hearing whatever you are saying. You trying to prove her religion wrong will be received by her as your jealousy and your mental instability.

Just be a friend who is happy and needs nothing from her, no matter how you feel inside. She will either respect you or she will go away because you are not falling for her mind games.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"I absolutely love you and your religion is absolutely crazy.

I will always be here for you. Any time in the future, just give me a call and I'll be there."

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

She's blinded by the "JW" light, she will just dismiss everything you say OR she still may dismiss what you say but she will never let you know if you planted a seed to make her think about something that you said

• steve2
    steve2
    How affirming of friendship if you and her could simply accept each other regardless of affiliation. That would be my bottom line. All else is detail.
  • blondie
    blondie

I have found that most jws eyes glaze over if you try to discuss more than one topic. One as they are likely to do they will jump to another topic without thoroughly listening to the first one.

I was a jw once, I didn't listen to criticisms. It is best to try and have them prove a point to you. What worked with me, the person asked me to prove Jesus was Michael....I was stunned to find how little real info there was and how the WTS talked about it from both sides of their mouth.

It was the lack of love that made me understand, not doctrines.

• millie210
    millie210

Is she in for family?

In that case there is nothing you can say.

So say that!

"I would ignore everything I say to you if I were in your shoes because you have to make this work for family reasons.

Just know that you can trust me to keep %100 per cent quiet and I will be in your corner and help you if anything changes for you in the future.

Its amazing whats out there...information wise. I had no idea. If you want to see what I mean go here_________________."

(put this website in the blank and give your friend the piece of paper you wrote it on)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit