Interesting info on 'did jesus exist'

by keeshondgirl 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Weren't the bone collections of his family found recently?

No. There is no known family of Jesus.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Actually the article seems a bit misleading in law. Hearsay is admissible in criminal proceedings under certain conditions. It depends on the nature of it and requires court permission usually. At least in UK. It is admissible in civil proceedings in the UK. How much weight it may be given is a different question.

Having said that I wouldn't have thought hearsay evidence attributed to someone who can't even be shown to have existed for sure is worth much lol

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Bones dating from his family were found. I don't recall the details. The New York Times placed the story on the front page. If they did not exist, I would like an academic source saying the find was insignificant. After the Witnesses, it seems prudent to require more than I told so.

I read the stories at the time so I'm not just making things up.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Bones dating from his family were found.

Even if they had the bones dated to perfection, (which is itself a big question mark) - how would anyone know they were from Jesus family?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Even if they had the bones dated to perfection, (which is itself a big question mark) - how would anyone know they were from Jesus family?

There was an ossuary, a "bone box" inscribed like this: "James son of Joseph brother of Jesus"

Weren't the bone collections of his family found recently?

The St. James ossuary (if that is what you are referring to) has since been shown to be a hoax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_the_Just#The_ossuary

• james_woods
    james_woods

This kind of thing is like the quest for Noah's Ark or the Shroud of Turin - if you want to believe in the story, then just believe it on faith.

The physical "evidence" reported again and again always ends up as a big letdown.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK
    Bones dating from his family were found.

maybe Jesus has a man's body with female DNA? Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit