DA unbeknowest

by JWJunky 7 Replies latest social physical

• JWJunky
    JWJunky

After reading topics on how to DA why someone DA I realized that my DA wasn't my choice. Here's my background information well I did a successful fade in my opinion. My mom was DF and moved to another city about 20 mins from where we lived and went to the meetings. I moved in with her and life was great. I worked full time finally and started going to school part time and just like that the whole Jehovah Witness thing was in my rear window. Well at work I was talking to one of my coworkers and she was telling me about the navy and the great experience she had. Well why not?

After awhile I talked to my mom about it while she was driving and we almost crashed. Finally after heated battles and pleas from her I talked to a recruiter. Everything was going good again and the recruiter sat down and talked to mom and she finally calmed down. Well after some time it was time to go to the meps for my physical and to take the asvab test. As soon as my recruiter pulled in to pick me up in his all American Navy girl my best friends who is a pioneer walks out of the apartment she house sitting for. Well my cover was blown which is safe to say.

The phone calls were coming in and the visits. This one sister who I never met even offer me to move in with her. WTF! Well I finally made it to boot camp when I grandmom relied to me that I was DA, but not DF. At the time I didn't care because I had boot to worry about, but now I'm like wasn't it suppose to be my choice for a DA I thought I was suppose to be DF. Is there a really big difference?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

In the elders book there are four things that are automatic DA's so that they don't have to hold a committee meeting or give you any sort of hearing or defense of yourself. Getting a job in a "non-neutral" career is one of them.

As for what it means in the JW's eyes, DA is no different from DF to a rank and file JW. It just means fewer meetings and perhaps simpler paperwork for the elders. And it means no judicial committee meeting for you, so you have that going for you.

Most importantly: Thank You for your service to the country.

• JWJunky
    JWJunky

Thanks Mad, I had no ideal and I'm proud that I served. Looking back I can't see myself explaining why I do the things I do men with no "real authority."

• stillin
    stillin

"In the elders book there are four things that are automatic DA's so that they don't have to hold a committee meeting or give you any sort of hearing or defense of yourself. Getting a job in a "non-neutral" career is one of them."

Mad Sweeney, what are the other three?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think the others are answering according to current rules. Was it recently? There was a time in the apostacy-scare 80s phase when DA'ing was an involuntary disciplinary action, similar to DFing except for unbaptized people.

stillin, I think taking blood, joining another religion and celebrating holidays are the others (nowadays).

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mad Sweeney, what are the other three?

From chapter 9 of the Flock book, "Making known a firm decision to be known no longer as one of Jehovah's Witnesses" is discussed first. "Joining another religious organization and making known his intention to remain with it" is second. "Willingly and unrepentantly taking blood" is third. And "Taking a cours contrary to the neutral position of the Christian congregation" is fourth - and it discusses joining a non-neutral organization or being a clear accomplice in non-neutral activities via employment.

The announcement for any of the above is: "[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

For comparison, the announcement for a disfellowshipping after a judicial committee has judged guilt and nonrepentence is: "[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

To the rank and file JW audience, there is no difference in outcome.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

joining a non-neutral organization or being a clear accomplice in non-neutral activities

I guess the WTS da'd from the WTS when they joined the UN as an NGO. Idiots.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

LostGeneration, that is exactly what makes the UN-NGO scandal so significant. Some ex-JWs try to blow it off as minor but it is a HUGE bit of hypocrisy to automatically DA someone for non-neutrality while at the same time being non-neutral themselves.

To be fair, the Flock book does recommend elders make sure the offender understands the situation and offer him the option of quitting his non-neutral job within six months. Maybe because they quit the NGO the day after it hit the papers - instead of taking six full months - they feel they have a loophole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit