New girl not at hall no more

by TheLoveDoctor 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

We had a beutifull young woman about 22 comming to the hall with her young daughter wont mention names to protect the innocent. Anyhow she was studing with a very kind young sister about the same age. She was comming to the hall regularly and her very cute daughter. My wife asked the bible study conductor were here study was and she said she dont answer her door, and not sure of phone calles. They think its a boyfriend. I dont think so this girl was comming regularly and seemed to enjoy herself and was getting close to people that doesn't end suddenly by a boyfriend course I could be wronge. My thought is she might have learned some truth about the truth.

Nerd

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well lets hope so. Of course there is no harm will posting a card with a few interesting websites - just to make sure.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yay . . . . I would tend to agree . . . she's done some digging and has jumped off the bus . . . you never know, she may even be here at JWN by now.

• nugget
    nugget

Good for her getting out before she got in to deep.

• talesin
    talesin

*nudge, nudge, wink wink* she 'might' have learned some truth?

nice work

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Probably went on the Net and searched JWS and found out about their convulsive lies and corruption.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully this starts happening more often. Anyone should research the religion more before committing.

And I wonder if this is why they are having such trouble recruiting. They might be able to get other witlesses to not research, but new studies are going to research. You look at the Washtowel Teach book (or whatever the fxxx they are using), look up the scriptures in the book--then go online to cross-check the doctrines. You cross-reference the religion. You look up "Jehovah's Witnesses" in a search engine only to have "Jehovah's Witnesses cult come up as a suggestion--a red flag. That often drives a person to do more in-depth research on the origin of the religion and their teachings, and then the study ends up dropping out. Hounding usually results.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I cannot speak for the woman in question but I can certainly speak from my experience and the results seen by the witnesses who were 'studying' with me. I viewed them as a harmless denomination of Christianity for years and could not understand why my wife would not see me as yet another Christian, just like her. I even tried to convince her that we were the same save for some minor doctrinal differences by sharing with her where the WTS and I actually agreed.

I was a 'fairly' open minded guy, or so I had thought. Even though I was hearing from pastors and others within the churches I attended that the witnesses were a false religion, I figured I'd give them a chance and it did seem that they really know their Bible. Plus, in many ways, they did seem to live closer to the 'truth' than other Christian religions. When I would do the occasionaly search on the Internet, usually hate sites showed up and they would always get some details wrong concerning the religion. It's the details that they got wrong that made me simply think these sites weren't legit and just looking to attack the religion without offering a balanced view. I also find that the people in the churches who also criticized the witnesses did not offer much concrete evidence to validate their claims. Not to mention the fact that a lot of their statements seemed false compared with what I was witnessing while I was studying their literature.

Yet, in spite of all of this, she did not seem convinced that my beliefs could be equally valid and when I did not accept her beliefs as total gospel (just interpretations), it must have gotten her thinking. Truth is that in spite of her wanting to be a part of the religion for some strange reason, that at the time I did not understand, she was beginning to become agnostic or even atheist. Eventually, she decided that she had to make a choice and (in her words) since she was so scared of dying and felt like this was the ticket, she decided to work towards becoming a baptized Jehovah's Witness.

That began my search because I could not understand why she felt like all other churches were totally false, even when they preached some of the same doctrines as they? This really bothered me and I had to find out for myself if this was the TRUTH for if it was then I had a lot of adjustments that I needed to make. At the time, I felt like my everlasting life truly depended on it and indeed it is a big question for any individual who, like me, was confronted with the reality that the beliefs that I held were perhaps incorrect. I HAD TO KNOW.

Well, my eyes were opened that's for sure. I did like the WTWizard suggested, researched doctrines, cross-referenced with what other interpretations were and why they differed. I began to find inconsistencies in their translation of the Bible and downright faulty practices and beliefs that even the witnesses are not aware of. Such as Jesus not being the mediator for the great crowd and the baptismal questions that effectively baptize a person to the organization. I was shocked and rather shaken about the whole thing.

Needless to say, I stopped going to the meetings with her cold turkey. The 'friends' at the hall who were use to seeing me regularly wondered why I just all of a sudden stopped coming. My daughter, who found the meetings rather boring, must have saw the opportunity to get out of them because my wife would tell me that when she'd ask her if she wanted to go my daughter would ask, "Is daddy going?" When my wife said no, my daughter followed suit. It must have devastated my wife (much in the way her rejecting any of my beliefs devastated me). Were it not for some of these wacky doctrines and their false prophecy, I think things would be rather different with me now. Who knows, I may have become a might have became a ministerial servant working with one of our dear friends, an 80+ year old elder who took time to study and got to know us for all these years.

• dgp
    dgp

In my case, I was fortunate to know that something just wasn't the way they told me. Many years before I had watched this show about "Christians", and the presenter was very convincing -or so I thought- about why Jehovah's witnesses were not Christians. He said, "they don't believe Jesus is God, which is the very definition of Christian". Now, maybe he was wrong and so am I, but that is not the point; the point is, in my mind, I knew something wasn't like they were telling me.

And then I knew about some abuse the witness I met was enduring, so I researched the internet. I thought there could be a way to sort of co-exist; as Gary sort of says, I thought I had to be open minded. Then I realized the other side wouldn't be open minded about me at all. And there were the lies and the inconsistencies...

Someone could say that I was actually pushed out because I was rejected by the witness woman. But I feel that, at the time, the question was whether co-existence was possible, and that fact showed me that it just wasn't. "Convert, or else".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit