Mocking of the Organization from JWs

by NomadSoul 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

This is what my aunt told me.

Once an elder at the closing of the meeting said this about the revised reasoning book with a sarcastic voice. "Brothers and sisters don't forget to get your copy of the new reasoning book, it has OVER TWO HUNDRED REVISIONS!".

My aunt swears he said it in a sarcastic mocking tone.

I thought it was funny so I had to ask if anybody else had similar stories.

• Alfred
    Alfred

there's a new Reasoning book?

• KW13
    KW13

i think you mean the revelation book...that had a lot of revisions made a few years ago

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Idk. JWs might make fun of individual JWs, but not the org. The org=god to many JWs.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am not aware of any new revisions of the False Reasoning book--though one might be in the pipeline. The latest edition was 1985, and much of the information is as likely "old light". However, the lies used to further interest are the same ones that scam artists have been using for thousands of years.

There are other books, notably the Revelation book, that have been repeatedly revised. And yes, they did revise the Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work book 1 at this latest Grand Boasting Session.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Hey a publishing house has to keep their literature up to date, once expressed doctrines become notably invalid you have to do something

or people are going to question whether or not the organization is the true and direct channel of communication from god.

If that illusion is broken the whole organization falls apart.

New light to remove old light is a on going work in progress for the WTS.

• hoser
    hoser

I overheard an elder say at the Special Assembly Day " they're gonna tell us to go to more meetings and in service more" in a mocking voice

He faded out about a year ago

• moshe
    moshe

I like these stories.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I have heard these sorts of mocking comments from loyal Witnesses.

I remember in the early 2000s there was a magazine with the title Do You Have a Guardian Angel? that was remarkable because the content never addressed the question. I remember an elder joked about using the magazine and the question on the ministry, adding to the householder, well you won't find the answer in here.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Sorry that I wasn't clear enough. It was the 1989 reasoning book I believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit