SURVEY: Is a JWN members post count a reasonable indicator of their theist/atheist position? If so what can be learned from that?

by nicolaou 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Nicolau, I rarely think on this subject and feel I have only 2-3 options to choose from anymore, although this post does give me a chance to reveal my own evolution in thinking.

I left JW's an agnostic. I was an angry atheist (almost) for a while. (read some early debates I engaged in, I was pretty pissed off)

For the sake of your criteria, here is where I am.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF GOD THE WAY THAT MOST ORGANIZED RELIGIONS TEACH, CHRISTIAN OR NON CHRISTIAN.

I DO BELIEVE IN THE AUTONOMY OF EACH OF US AND ESPECIALLY LOVE. (don't mean to be weird there, but that does inform my views very much)

I CAN'T PROVE IT AND WOULD NEVER FOR A SECOND ARGUE FOR MY POSITION, BUT I BELIEVE "GOD" DOES EXIST, BUT NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST WAY AS SHE IS GENERALLY UNDERSTOOD TODAY. (a clarification, I hear no voices, receive no visions. My "beliefs" if you want to call them that are purely anecdotal with a large pragmatic view that believes in general, humans are happier when they follow a higher purpose of some sort)

I HAVE A HUGE AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR THE HONESTY OF ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTICS, BECAUSE THEY ARE RIGHT.

I ONLY BELIEVE IN "GOD" BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN LOVE. I REALLY DO THINK GOD EXISTS IN ALL OF US, AND FOR WHAT THIS IS WORTH, THIS FAITH SHOULD NEVER BE IN CONTROL OF A RELIGION, GROUP, PRIESTS, LEADERS, ETC.

Having said all that, those are merely personal beliefs that I have. I would still fall on the side of an atheist/agnostic in a debate over Jesus, Christianity, the bible, religions in general, because the honest point of view and observations athiests/agnostics are in general, correct.

I think I have ranted enough, and hope you catch my drift. :)

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

My question is: Why the obsession?

NightOwl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit