JW Urban Legend....

by on the rocks 11 Replies latest social current

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

This is about a experience given by someone who was newly Baptised ....the demons were troubling her as she was practicing spiritism before she got baptised....once when the demons troubled her she raised her voice and asked arent you afraid of Jehovah...and the demons replied we are but currently he is busy gathering his army for Armaggedon.....how many of you have heard similar stories?

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I have heard quite a few stories from JWs and others. Some supposedly happened to JWs I actually knew. One claimed that when they started their bible study with a householder, the windows began to shake. The sister tried to cry out Jehovah's name to ward them off, but invisible hands covered her mouth so she could not speak.

Of course, there are many such tales in my family as well.

• baltar447
    baltar447

If you look around, you'll hear similar stories from fundies and religious people.

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I have heard a lot of stories throughout my time in the Org but the one that stood out in my mind was a story of a sister and her husband starting a bible study with a couple at the couples home. Halfway through their study the Walls started to bleed, I asked the sister what did she do during this and she said that her husband and her stayed there and finished up the study with the walls still bleeding.

That story really freaked me out!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

You have to wonder how long it takes an omnipotent superbeing to gather his spiritual army. Apparently it takes a very long long time. I guess they don't have highways or airplanes in heaven?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

1 day = 1000 years or so. or even 7000 or undefined.

i often heard those stories and was surprised when i heard the same things from mormons and other lunatics.

one of my friends tells a story about his mom always seing things moving in a painting until they threw it out. but he forgets the fact that his mom is on medication due to the jehovah faith. even had a nervous breakdown or two.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    once when the demons troubled her she raised her voice and asked arent you afraid of Jehovah...and the demons replied we are but currently he is busy gathering his army for Armaggedon.....how many of you have heard similar stories?

I call BS! There is soo much wrong with that statement, i wouldn't know where to begin!

I have heard a lot of stories throughout my time in the Org but the one that stood out in my mind was a story of a sister and her husband starting a bible study with a couple at the couples home. Halfway through their study the Walls started to bleed, I asked the sister what did she do during this and she said that her husband and her stayed there and finished up the study with the walls still bleeding.

If my walls started bleeding, the last thing I would be doing is conducting a bible study! That reaction shows the story to be false!

Peace

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

Waterspout- I know right!? I would have been out the friggen door!!!! I also thought that the experience sounded like it was ripped off from the movie Amityville horror now that look back on it.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I also thought that the experience sounded like it was ripped off from the movie Amityville horror now that look back on it.

I think it was.... It's like chinese whispers.... Starts off how the walls were painted red then all of a sudden the walls start bleeding!

I heard one where a woman had a gold necklace that was possessed... This woman was advised by dubbies to get rid... So she threw it in the pond in her back garden????? When the necklace hit the water the necklace started screaming! Apparently the demon was drowning????? I have to laugh at that one!

Peace

• Dune
    Dune

Not to knock anyone's personal beliefs (i'm actually being serious here), but i've reached the point where i regard any mention of demon attack and possession to be simply cases of wavering mental health and or common occurences like night terrors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit