Every study article is an exercise in the BITE method

by Mickey mouse 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

10-20 years ago you would get a mix of different types of WT study articles. They generally fell into one of a number of categories: prophecy, Bible characters, facets of the fruitages of the holy spirit, aspects of Jehovah's personality, creation, the new system etc.

Now it goes like this:

Obey the faithful slave, stay of the internet, do more, obey the faithful slave, stay of the internet, do more.....rinse and repeat.

It's no wonder the dubs have all become brain dead.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah but . . .

I personally feel the previous subject matter you mentioned did a lot more for the retention of members than their current efforts. The persistent flogging these current subjects are getting will backfire somewhat . . . even on the braindead. The "donkey" is getting too much stick and not enough carrot. These guy's (the current GB) show a poor understanding of human nature, a lack of imagination, and are basically rudderless IMO.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Behavior control - keep the organization "clean"

Information control - stay off Internet

Thought control - avoid pushing ahead of the organization

Emotional control - from where did you learn about Jehovah and His purposes, where else can you go, etc.

Right you are, Mickey.

Syl

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm in agreement. Sizemik makes a great point, though. The current leadership in GB 2.0 is woefully inept. They're starting to miss too often on the emotional control aspect of BITE, emphasizing only negative emotions. Negative emotions are going to trigger physical responses eventually.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, I agree sizemik and Mad Sweeney - it will backfire. I think it shows that they know they're on the ropes and losing control. Their response is to tighten the grip and I think this approach will continue until they've shaken out all the dead wood from the ranks.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

May I elaborate on Snowbird's comments?

BEHAVIOR CONTROL: Go to all the meetings. Spend rest of time in field service.

INFORMATION CONTROL: Read only WT literature. Don't listen to "worldly people".

THOUGHT CONTROL: You must have a Bible-trained WT conscience.

EMOTIONAL CONTROL: Fear the true God governing body. You MUST be happy because we worship the happy God.

Reopened Mind

• Intel
    Intel

Governing Body 2.0 is a bunch of inept, braindead individuals...how can they handle others if they have the cleverness of a dead snail?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Their response is to tighten the grip and I think this approach will continue until they've shaken out all the dead wood from the ranks.

Agreed . . . however the "dead wood" from their perspective are the ones whose brains are in some semblance of working order. There are a good proportion of long-serving ex-Elders appearing here on JWN of late (only a representative proportion of the whole), who have faded and left as a direct result of the ineptitude of this administration. No doubt this is contributing to the need for half decent brothers to take the lead. As this need grows, the ineptitude will become even more of a problem in both recruitment and retention IMO. Can't wait.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    As this need grows, the ineptitude will become even more of a problem in both recruitment and retention IMO. Can't wait. - sizemik

As the famous Zapp Brannigan would say, "The rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

• TheListener
    TheListener

Well, if GB2.0 really believes they have the truth (and I believe they do believe so) then they probably figure Jehovah will take care of it. If they grow, great, Jehovah is blessing them. If they shrink, ok, Jehovah is sifting them in preparation for the end; cleaning out his congregation.

It's always win win with them regardless of what occurs. That's because their mindset is that they are 100% without question.

It's like the end of the system. If things get bad then the end is around the corner; if things get good then the end is around the corner (peace & security). It's win win.

Interpretating the facts to fit a preconceived idea - what's the official term for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit