boston 2, van 1,,, where's charlie?

by talesin 16 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It isn't over yet. Both games have been close. Home ice can make a world of difference. I wouldnt be surprised to see the series head back to Vancouver tied.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

What's the saying? Close only counts in handgrenades and horseshoes? End of the day - Canucks are up 2-0, and in history, only 2 teams out of 34 have come back from a 2-0 series deficit to win. Doesn't look good for da' bears.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Home ice can make a world of difference. I wouldn't be surprised to see the series head back to Vancouver tied.

True this series isn't being played by one team that is overwhelming the other.

Boston didn't get to the final on whim of luck.

Home ice is somewhat of a factor to be sure.

Quite frankly I'm little concerned for Vancouver if the Canucks don't win the Cup.

The last time they lost back in 1997 there were riots in the streets in the downtown core, with lots of property damage.

The local police and the citizens of this city still remember what occurred back then.

In any case, now is the time to enjoy the hockey and watch two great teams go at it.

• talesin
    talesin

MrFreeze - yes, on both points --- that's why I didn't find this loss too upsetting -- I mean, someone had to get the first goal, and it was a tossup imo. And the boston fans are gonna go wild

GOorwell - *sticks fingers in ears* lalala i can't hear you

true one - I was thinking about riots while watching the 1st game; they showed the fans watching outside -- seems to me, it is a recipe for disaster when we know what happened last time? I mean, it's not soccer, for cryin' out loud! All fights should take place where they belong - ON THE ICE! (JOKE, as I hate seeing the gloves thrown down).

t

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I'll start worring when the B's are 3-0
    We were getting used to your ice............
    Hockey

• xchange
    xchange

Was at Joe's Apartment on Granville for game 2. As per everywhere else it was solidly packed! Funny thing was in the OT, I'd say about 80% of the people weren't really paying attention at the start and 11 seconds in, everyone was like what???!!??? After the game, the usual revelry on the streets.

• charlie brown jr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit