The April 15th (current) Watchtower. Could it be more blasphemous?

by Slidin Fast 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This article:- “Do You Discern the Evidence of God’s Guidance?”, equates the faithful and discreet slave with Moses. Moses, according to the scriptures spoke directly with God and was God’s spokesman to the Israelites. The WT writers in this article take this position for themselves. They even claim; “ Thus Moses, God’s channel of direction, likely gave the signal to move.” They assert this to take more power for themselves as the “modern Moses”. However – according to the context of the scripture they misquote, God moved the cloud. They are claiming themselves to be divine. Their instructions and direction to the flock are from God. That is blasphemous.

Sorry this is a bit of a wade through but tell me if I am being too picky.

References

Moses spoke with God:

Exodus 33: 18-21

18 At this he said: “Cause me to see, please, your glory.” 19 But he said: “I myself shall cause all my goodness to pass before your face, and I will declare the name of Jehovah before you; and I will favor the one whom I may favor, and I will show mercy to the one to whom I may show mercy.” 20 And he added: “You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.”

21 And Jehovah said further: “Here is a place with me, and you must station yourself upon the rock. 22 And it has to occur that while my glory is passing by I must place you in a hole in the rock, and I must put my palm over you as a screen until I have passed by. 23 After that I must take my palm away, and you will indeed see my back. But my face may not be seen.”

Moses = Governing Body

WT April 15 2011

“Of course, those taking the lead in the earthly part of God’s organization are not perfect—but neither was Moses. Even so, the pillar provided constant evidence of his divine appointment and of God’s approval. Note, too, that it was not for each Israelite to determine when to start moving. Instead, the people acted “at the order of Jehovah by means of Moses.” (Num. 9:23) Thus Moses, God’s channel of direction, likely gave the signal to move.”

Jehovah controlled the cloud, not Moses.

Numbers 9

20 And sometimes the cloud would continue a few days over the tabernacle. At the order of Jehovah they would remain encamped, and at the order of Jehovah they would pull away . 21 And sometimes the cloud would continue from evening to morning; and the cloud lifted itself in the morning, and they pulled away. Whether it was by day or by night that the cloud lifted itself, they also pulled away. 22 Whether it was two days or a month or more days during which the cloud prolonged its stay over the tabernacle by residing over it, the sons of Israel remained encamped and would not pull away, but when it lifted itself they would pull away. 23 At the order of Jehovah they would encamp, and at the order of Jehovah they would pull away. They kept their obligation to Jehovah at the order of Jehovah by means of Moses. (Note the out of context snippet quoted in the article)

Process of Jehovah talking directly to Moses/GB

Numbers 9

7 As for Moses, he proceeded to take his tent away and he pitched it outside the camp, far away from the camp; and he called it a tent of meeting. And it occurred that everyone inquiring of Jehovah would go out to the tent of meeting, which was outside the camp. 8 And it occurred that as soon as Moses went out to the tent, all the people would rise, and they stationed themselves each one at the entrance of his own tent, and they gazed after Moses until he went into the tent. 9 I t also occurred that as soon as Moses had gone into the tent, the pillar of cloud would come down, and it stood at the entrance of the tent and he spoke with Moses. 10 And all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, and all the people rose and bowed down each one at the entrance of his own tent. 11 And Jehovah spoke to Moses face to face, just as a man would speak to his fellow . When he returned to the camp, his minister Joshua, the son of Nun, as attendant, would not withdraw from the midst of the tent.

Governing Bodies pronouncements claimed as “divine”.

“How, then, do we react when we receive divine direction ? Do we try to apply it “right afterward”? Or do we continue doing things just as we have been accustomed to doing them? Are we familiar with up-to-date directions , such as those regarding c onducting home Bible studies , preaching to foreign- speaking people, regularly sharing in family worship, c ooperating with Hospital Liaison Committees , and conducting ourselves properly at conventions?

In conclusion we are to take from this that the societies' pronouncements are Holy Writ. Yes they claim inspiration or am I wrong?

• The Quiet One
  • Joliette
    Joliette

Everything the release in those watchtowers are blasphemous.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

They'll be in business as long as they have idiots that believe them.

• VM44
    VM44

"Even so, the pillar provided constant evidence of his divine appointment and of God’s approval."

What today provides "constant evidence" of the GB divine appoint and their approval by God?

The article does not mention anything corresponding to the "pillar" that exists today that indicates direction from Jehovah!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

20 And sometimes the cloud would continue a few days over the tabernacle. At the order of Jehovah they would remain encamped, and at the order of Jehovah they would pull away . 21

It was my understanding that man estranged himself from his creator when he chose to give his allegience to the Adversary in the garden of Eden. It makes no sense that the Creator would give man freewill and then proceed to dominate his actions. Why would man's Creator involve himself in earthly wars like with Moses and his band of rebellious Hebrews? Does the Creator use people like pawns for his own entertainment. I don't think this Jehovah is the Creator.

• Scott77
    Scott77

They'll be in business as long as they have idiots that believe them.

ProdigalSon

Yep. the idiots are in thousands though I must add, the majority are innocent, held hostage by the watchtower. Mr. Flipper, a loving husband and father, has been pained alot for her daughter's shunning of him all because of the Watchtower influencing her. For more of this story, please click here at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/207165/1/Looks-Like-Im-Back-on-the-Radar-my-Daughter-has-Local-Elder-Call-on-Me

Scott77

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

This is exactly why I wrote this for distribution on JW cars at meetings and conventions: http://tinyurl.com/3z8e9bf

While most are total idiots who really do prefer the lie, there are some who are in desperate need of saving from the idolatry that has become a foul odor in the congregation.

• Heaven
    Heaven

And sometimes the cloud would continue a few days over the tabernacle

Yeah, uh, clouds do that sometimes.

Moses = Governing Body

Sooo... that means then that Moses was one of the F&DS. And the 144,000. And he was of the annointed. Is this new shiite?

Hey, Quiet One, Welcome. Can't see your post though.. you may be using IE 9.

Joliette, well said.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It's about time they realize if their being directed it's on a wild goose chase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit