Are Jehovah's Witnesses Chrsitians?

by TimothyT 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OBVES
    OBVES

When the first christians were there was no such a book like the Bible we have today.There were holy lwritings cirulcated among them like in a loose form.

We may wonder why the original writings were even lost and we don't have them today ? May be they were only for the people living at that time .

So again we must use the logic to try to figure out if there are reasons we may have to use the Bible in our times and how.

Once,we establish that we are in the endtime era we must link our times to the times when Jesus and his first disciples lived and taught a new religion.

So , we must superimpose the dates from that time into our times :

7 BC = 1879 AD,2 BC = 1884 AD.

29 AD - 33 AD - 36 AD = 1914 AD - 1918 AD - 1921 AD.

99 AD - 103 AD - 106 AD = 1984 AD - 1988 AD - 1991 AD .

Now we can know that the holy writings from that time can be applied to our times we live .

If we had false christians religions between 150 AD and 1874 AD we can say the Bible was not for these religions as it was written for the true christians !

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks for the comments guys!

Essan: Soceitians! Good word!

Roxanesophia: I think its wrong and very hypocritical of them to claim to teach the truth about the bible and Jesus and then remove him from his God given position (1 Timothy 2:5-6, 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.) Its true, JW's do follow men. You sum it up well: "anyone who believes in Christ and accepts him as their savior is a Christian." :D

ABibleStudent: I too believe that JWs should focus more time on Jesus Christ, whilst reading the bible and when preaching. I dont recall seeing Jesus mention an organisation either. Hehe... this is awesome. Thanks for your good points. :D

Obves: Numbers numbers numbers! I can pick out 3 numbers from the bible and make them into what i want! I dont see how you can bring these numbers together with proper sound reasoning from the scriptures. Also, im not too sure of your reasoning. The bible students back then were much closer to the truth than JWs are today. Its ironic that Jesus chose a religion back then, and now they dont even teach the same things today. "THANKS FOR CHOOSING US JESUS... Right lads lets do what we want now!" This organisation is far removed from what i read Christianity to be in the bible. Granted they have somethings right but i dont see their claim as the truth. Jesus is the truth not some organisation (John 14:6). Id rather be a Christian, not an organisationalist! Again, you seem to be assuming that God would even HAVE an earthly organisation or a religion. He doesnt need one. He already set his organisation in place when Jesus sacrificed his life. The moment that happened, God said: "OK EVERYONE! Believe in him and you can be saved" (John 3:16). THAT WAS HIS ARRANGEMENT! Why would God initiate that arrangement, and then 1900 years later initiate another means of salvation through an earthly organisation? Is Jesus not good enough anymore?

Timmy :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit