These things Prove if Jehovah is guiding and speaking through the JW'S

by Terry 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

"Some times the Lord has let His people look for the right thing as the wrong time, and more frequently they have looked for the wrong thing at the right time." and "...it will be the other fellow that will have to do the explaining, and not we."

1. Germs don't cause disease.
    2. Aluminum cookware will poison you
    3. Prohibition laws against alcohol are the Devil's work
    4. Olive oil will cure appendicitis
    5. The prophecies of the Bible were written to point to Rutherford himself and his corporation buddies as the fulfillment of end time predictions!
    6. Black people can pray and change their color to white!
    7. The Great Pyramid was built under God's direction.
    8. The Great Pyramid was built by Satan.
    9. The Book of Ruth is not prophetical.
    10. The Book of Ruth is prophetical.
    11. The inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah:

a.Will b.Won't c.Will d. Won't be resurrected

12. Reading the bible is not as good as reading Watchtower explanations of the bible.
    13. The strong desire to worship God is due to the shape of the brain!
    14. The shape of a man's head determines his thinking ability.
    15. The Holy Spirit was taken away in 1918
    16. The Holy Spirit was given in 1918
    17. Vaccination never prevented any disease and never will
    18. There is no such thing as rabies

The Great Disappointment in 1844 and 1914 and 1918 and 1925 and 1975 were "God's dates; not ours".

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Nice list. Here are a couple more:

The "Faithful slave" has to read about "new light" in the Watchtower, just like everyone else!

I was in Bethel when "New light" was coming out (the generation thing). As Bethelites we could read the magazines weeks before they were shipped. We were told to not spoil it for the congregations by leaking the new light before everyone gets their Watchtowers. One of the congregations I attended while there had an elderly annointed one. Out of curiosity I spoke with her to see if she had any clue what it might be. Nope, she was clueless. Shortly thereafter I came across another elderly annointed gal in my home state while at a DC there. I asked her a few questions to see if she knew anything. Conclusion: The annointed remnant is guided by....... Brooklyn Bethel! The idea that the "faithful slave" i.e. the annointed remnant scatter among the congregations, receives guidance from Jah or has any input into what is published IS PURE BONK!

If God always had an organization to guide mankind why did he choose the Catholic Church to assemble the Bible Canon in the 4th century?

Don't you think he would have used his organization instead??

• eruption
    eruption

Well the WTBTS got number 3 right, ONE out of 27 aint bad, I cant even bring myself to say the P word !!!

Terry you could not make it up, and your points are just the tip of the Iceberg, but the SOCIETY knows every trick in the book.

RULE 1 The society is always right.

RULE 2 If the society is wrong, rule 1 applies.

No wonder they discourage education.

• undercover
    undercover

The seven trumpet blasts of Revelation were seven special resolutions held at seven WT conventions between 1922 and 1928

• james_woods
    james_woods
    3. Prohibition laws against alcohol are the Devil's work

Actually, they were right about this one.

Pathetically wrong about Hitler, though...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good list Terry, I hope it awakens some people up to the factual reality of what the WTS/JWS have been doing in the past one hundred years.

This was the main reason I left the organization so many years ago, particularly after I witnessed what their 1975 dating had done to people.

The game of god is created and designed by so many diverse individuals for their own procuring good .

All you need to create your very own game is a little bit of money and ambition and the support from a government to open the door for you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is an Ass..

That Talks out of its Ass..

................. ...OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

Terry-

I'll go along with the Aluminum cookware, it just makes omelette's taste lousy.......

• Maze
    Maze

You're quoting from information published early in the 20th century when Jehovah's Organization was in its early developmental stages.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020608/article_01.htm
    Both science and religion, in their noblest forms, involve the search for truth. Science discovers a world of magnificent order, a universe that contains distinctive marks of intelligent design.

Jehovah's Witnesses are sincere truth seekers. Information published by Jehovah's Witnesses has a consistent pattern of corresponding to universal truth.
    it-2 p. 603 Perfection

The Bible’s Perfection: The Sacred Scriptures constitute a perfect message from God, refined, pure, and true. (Ps 12:6; 119:140, 160; Pr 30:5; Joh 17:17) Though thousands of years of copying have evidently brought some variations from the original writings, these variations are admittedly very minor, so that, even if our present copies and translations are not absolutely flawless, the divine message conveyed is.

When a person loses Jehovah's holy spirit and goes so far as to deviate into apostasy, they become spiritually bankrupt and all that bleeds through are any imperfections that can be exploited for self-serving purposes.

But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. Matthew 24:48-51

Case in point, if the flaws weren't there, this wouldn't change your desire to be a part of Jehovah's Organization.

“12. Reading the bible is not as good as reading Watchtower explanations of the bible.”

Where do you get this?

• Terry
    Terry

“12. Reading the bible is not as good as reading Watchtower explanations of the bible.”

Where do you get this?

The official claims about Pastor Russell's tome Studies in the Scriptures were that it was clearly superior to learning God's plan for salvation

than years of bible alone and that if you stopped reading it you would be plunged into darkness.

Take an objective look at what Jehovah's Witnesses call BIBLE STUDY and you'll see it consists of reading WATCHTOWER PUBLICATIONS and only using

the bible as proof texts.

This is a clear elevation of their own ideas above scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit