Why Do JW Leave and Want Nothing to Do With God

by castlelover 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I won't say theres no god, but I find the judeo-christian god so implausable to say with 100% certainty that he does not exsist.

For example, Why did God (supposedly the one and *only* God, the creator of the *entire* Earth) only dictate His word to one tiny area of the globe? Why not speak to the peoples of *every* culture--dictate His message in the form of other Bibles to the people in other areas of the world? Why did He not inspire ancient Celts to write about Him and His laws and the way He created the world? Why did He not speak to the ancient Chinese or Japanese? Why did He not have scribes write His word in ancient France? The Netherlands? Germany? The North Pole? Why *only* in the small area in the Middle East involving very few now-countries such as Israel, Egypt and Palestine? Why did He not have ambassadors of His word in every human civilization?

And when Jesus was sent to "save" us, why did Jesus not try to travel beyond the small region of the Middle East to save and spread the Word to *all* of the world? If that was simply not feasible (not feasible for the all-mighty God? Let's just say it was...), then why only *one* Saviour in one small part of the world? Why not have a Savior from every major region of the globe--a Celtic Jesus, a Chinese Jesus, a Mexican Jesus, an Australian Jesus, an Icelandic Jesus, etc.? Seems to me that if God was so concerned about getting His Word out to all of His children, He would have taken greater measures (especially considering the lack of communication between most of the world at that time--how did He expect the Chinese or the Australians to learn about His Word and His Son?). Seems awfully isolated for the God of the *entire* world, and it doesn't make any sense to do it that way.

-dan

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I've just reached the board and immediately saw this interesting topic. Firstly, welcome aboard, Castlelover, and thanks for your post.

May I say that I find there are many thoughtful replies but it seems we're going "off topic". The intial point raised was not over whether to believe in God or not, but why Dubs go straight from belief to unbelief. It seems to me there is a difference.

Here in the land of Oz we see many leaving the Watchtower, many of whom have had many years 'experience'. Most of those I know, and this is a personal sadness to me, went straight to 'nothing' as far as any belief system goes. For the wives especially, they had had a 'gutful' of the organisation and hence, organised religion. Women feel they have been mentally and emotionally abused by the borg, and for this the elder class has much to answer for. It would be easy to blame the WTS but the ones actually carrying out the abuse, the 'front-line' as it were, are the local congregation elders.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• LDH
    LDH

Plus, it seems I care a lot more about what God does than he cares about my life.

And I realized that this was a dependent relationship. If I died tonight, 99% of the world's inhabitants would not know about me or my life, or frankly, CARE.

The world is just going to continue as it has since the days of modern man, and if I'm wrong and ARMAGEDDON comes tomorrow, guess what?

I'm a good, trustworthy, honest, loving mom and wife. And if that's not enough for GOD then I guess I'm just not interested in living in some pipe dream world, be it on earth or in heaven.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit