Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-29-2011 WT Study (JEREMIAH)

by blondie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I have a question. I keep seeing 1994 referenced here as a significant date for the Witnesses. What did I miss? I was around then,and I don't remember any special declaration that year.

Is 1984 mentioned because that supposedly was the year of peace? I remember the Watchtower showing all the religions of the world praying for world peace.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

1994 marked the 80 years from 1914 which was pretty much the extent a generation could be expected to live based on the scripture in Psalms 90:10 about the days of a persons life being 70 or 80 years. A watchtower article came out in 1984 that showed an aging generation that would not pass away.

The international year of peace was 1986. I remember because I was in 8th grade and I told all my little junior high friends they were going to die because armageddon was coming that year.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks for answering my question Lunatic Faith. I blocked so much out.

Yes,1984 didn't sound quite right about the year of peace,but I remember that particular Watchtower.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Par 5 says in part:

"In modern times, Jehovah's has lovingly provided mankind with a group of anointed Christians..........." Emphasis on the word 'lovingly.' Yah, right!

These 'loving' anointed Christians (otherwise known as GB) are also responsible for the humiliation, disfellowshipping, shunning and breaking-up of hundreds of thousands of Christians' lives including their families. Not to mention the GB's being responsible for the loss of innocent Christian lives due to the unscriptual 'Blood Doctrine' that is forced upon the R & F by bully Elders who act as lieutenants for the GB.

Are the WTBTS and their GB really a 'loving' provision of our heavenly Father? Numbers don't lie! Facts speak for themselves!

• JW GoneBad
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Makes me wonder why the WTBTS' GB seems to always have the need of making favorable mention of themselves in the literature such as they do in the above quote from the March 15, 2011 W about being a "loving provision of Jehovah".

Just a thought.

Thank you 'Blondie' for the review.

• Ding
    Ding

1. Did God really give the WTS any of these wrong dates?

2. If so, why?

3. If not, where did they get them and why should we trust that they speak for Him now?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Thanks, Blondie. Once again, they've twisted the entire theme of the book Jeremiah into a pretzel. Even a cursory review of its contents show that Jeremiah's God-given denunications were directed at the annointed leadership of HIS OWN PEOPLE, notably the king and the priests, the higher-ups of that "typical theocracy."

It would therefore seem more apt to identify as today's real "Jeremiah class" the so-called "apostates" that call into question the accountability of the self-congratulating, arrogant Governing Body, often at considerable personal cost to themselves, i.e. the severance of cherished family ties and life-long relationships. For them, as for Jeremiah, it takes guts.

• blondie
    blondie

Ding, some ways dates are chosen:

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another stupid article--and reading it, one would believe that people are supposed to live their whole lives under judgment. It is a horrible sin to want to simply live your own life, and not be bothered to warn everyone and under pressure to get them to join your religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit