disturbing thoughts from witness site

by detective 10 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

I found this on a purelanguage.net thread. What smug, bizarre, self-satisfied comments. It's sad that these folks don't realize how ugly some of the things they say (and apparently think) really are.

An excerpt:
    "What I always wanted to do was get a big booktype thing. get it leatered bound, have it gold embossed with 'BOOK OF LIFE' on it. So when someone tells us they arent interested we ask for their spelling and their exact address. and start looking it up to scratch it out."

http://www.purelanguage.net/forums/showthread.php?s=9c83af3aa53cc000256214a7886a0210&threadid=838

• dubla
    dubla

common witness think. i remember very similar comments being tossed around in service back in the day.

aa

• moman
    moman

Ater all the Dubs are the true judges of us all!
    A nice INKHORN would go well with that book.

DIE BORG DIE!

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Oh, this site makes me want to puke! Detective you are right about these people. There was one cartoon posted that said "Wake up to the Truth." One picture had a woman proudly displaying her "Awake" or "Watchtower" magazine. The most interesting topic they were talking about was plants of all things!

And to think I used to be one of these people! Yuck!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• Englishman
    Englishman

Jst read this on Puregarbage:

HI Jollyd,

Notice from your profile that your a window cleaner, so is my hubby, been cleaning windows now for about 10 years, so weve got something else in common as well as the UK.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Hilarious, eh?

Englishman.

Truth exists;only falsehood has to be invented. -Georges Braque

• unanswered
    unanswered

it's such typical dub arrogance. they are actually proud of being ignorant! it's a good thing that witnesses aren't allowed to get into politics, because i would hate to see anyone from that biased group making laws for the rest of us.

• Simon
    Simon

If it was up to them they would save time by ripping all the pages out at home or just burning the thing ...

• SYN
    SYN

Unanswered: In the case of the Bush administration, I think the Dubs would actually be able to do a better job. In their spare time. After field service, meetings, Conventions, Book Studies, Not-At-Homes, Witness Get-Togethers, and Judicial Meetings.

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Common witness BS. I heard crap like that all the time, especially in field service. I generally felt like I was out in service with judge dredd or something.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

When I first moved to the rurals I was so surprised at how the pioneers would look in people's windows when they thought the householder wasn't home. They would talk about moving in to the house after Armageddon had destroyed those wicked goats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit