We Do Not Know...

by Marvin Shilmer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

We Do Not Know...

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog that underscores an admission by Watchtower that in reality it does not know the people it claims to represents, and has no way of knowing.

My article is titled We Do Not Know... and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/we-do-not-know.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

If they don't know who and how many of whom they're representing, then how can they even properly represent? That'd be like me coming onto this forum and telling you I'm representing people with Alzheimer's Dementia in Boston. They don't know me, and I don't know them. How can I claim to speak on their behalf and claim to be feeding them if I don't know who they are? Likewise how can some obscure old white dudes with a token black claim to represent and spiritually feed God's elect here on the earth?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

When I read the part of the sentence in the WT where they say they do not need to know, I asked myself why they would say they don't need to know. I guess they would say that the supposed 1st Century Governing Body did not know each and every one of the anointed Christians at that time, so they see no reason to know them now.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Or...They do not need to know because they RUN THIS BIOTCH! KNEEL BEFORE THE SLAVE, SLAVES! LOL

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

InterestedOne writes:

“When I read the part of the sentence in the WT where they say they do not need to know, I asked myself why they would say they don't need to know. I guess they would say that the supposed 1st Century Governing Body did not know each and every one of the anointed Christians at that time, so they see no reason to know them now.”

The early biblical governing body is depicted as making decisions under direct inspiration of holy spirit. Presumably the holy spirit did know each and every one of the anointed at that time in the case that the early governing body had to represent the views of that body of folks.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Now that is actually a fascinating admission now that I think about it!

I mean these guys know how many publishers they have in each and every country. They know how much time is spent in FS each and every year. Its a lot more difficult to track millions of publishers each and every month and the time they spend in FS.

The memorial is only once a year, and all you have to do is count who nibbles and sips! Yet they do not know, and from their article they are saying they don't wanna know!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Now that is actually a fascinating admission now that I think about it!

I mean these guys know how many publishers they have in each and every country. They know how much time is spent in FS each and every year. Its a lot more difficult to track millions of publishers each and every month and the time they spend in FS.

The memorial is only once a year, and all you have to do is count who nibbles and sips! Yet they do not know, and from their article they are saying they don't wanna know!

Wow, never looked at it from that perspective. All this monitoring of what the insignificant non-annointed do, from our meeting attendance and field service hours, what we're doing on Facebook, why we're communicating with disfellowshipped relatives, all this hey to do over us non-essentials. Meanwhile the people they're REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT, the annointed, they could care less about. This religion is a crock.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, they have already stated in print that they feel the apostles did not need to consult every anointed Christian in the first century and that therefore nor does the Governing Body need to consult other anointed people today. So that having already been said, the bottom line is that the rest of the anointed have no authority at all and must subject themselves to the Governing Body just as the other sheep do. Their role is irrelevant and essentially non-existent. That whole concept was really just a means to concentrate the power at WT HQ.

--sd-7

• sir82
    sir82

That's really funny.

They keep track of hundreds of thousands of elders, ministerial servants, pioneers, etc.

They know the exact status of hundreds of thousands of disfellowshipped JWs.

They keep track, on a semiannual basis, of the exact count of each piece of literature that each and every of the 100,000+ congregations has in stock.

They sure as heck keep track on the $100's of millions, if not $billions, they have invested in real estate, stocks, and bonds.

But they have "no way of knowing" how many anointed JWs there are?

Hmmm......

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

By comparison, with only a teeny-weeny expense Watchtower could in only a few days or weeks establish a global network of “anointed ones” among Jehovah’s Witnesses, and as soon as I have time my blog will show this, literally.

Watchtower has no excuse for claiming to globally represent the “anointed ones” and not by now have established a global network of these very folks. We all know why Watchtower has never done this. It has everything to do with control and running a religion business.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit