Spitting it out!

by BritBoy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

I doubt I shall be hearing from my sister in a while. She is a JW and has known I am Gay and all about the smoking etc etc. She said it did not bother her and that I am still her brother! This brought me untold joy... however over a period of time I have put up with snotty little remarks and bitchy comments. She lives more than 3000 miles away and she has never called me, never emails me unless she wants something (last request was Harry Potter books for the kids and the new Travis CD...shipping cost to South Africa- £40.00) and basically I got more and more pissed off about this all. My parents have gone cold and are now divorced...My father left my mother for another woman...my mother (God bless her)has hooked up with a chap 30years her junior! Now Matt and I planned a trip to SA to visit family and so he could meet them all... I was told by my JW sister that I could not stay at her house as I was a "practicing homosexual"... however both my parents and their partners are more than welcome. My sister who lives by the Dub rules that suit her, attends her company Xmas function, gets VERY drunk, but will not have me to even visit her... Well the long and short of it is that I sent her an email some time back about getting my hands on some Kylie tickets and that I almost had to sell my soul to the devil to get them... she simply replied with "I thought you sold your soul already way back".... I lost it and sent her an email saying she was right and I could not remember if it was when I was at bethel and found the married elder and the single MS in the sauna together sucking on eachothers cocks when I lost my soul or not. She FINALLY got around to emailing me back yesterday (6 weeks later) to say she thought my reaction was over the top... and that there was obviously something else she had done to upset me, so to SPIT IT OUT. So I did.... boy did I ever spit!! I pointed out that I thought the borg and many within are full of shit, that she should ask her nearest elder about the UN thing. I then went on to point out hers and the borgs double standards and how sick I was of being treated like a piece of shit because I am Gay. I also HAPPILY anounced I was an apostate! Awaiting a reply... I have never been so honest with my sister!!!

Britty

Just thought I would share... Matt was terribly proud of me for doing it... none of my immediate family with the exception of one sister ever calls or emails me...they do not even know my address... they have never asked.

They wouldn't have made the cane if you weren't meant to break the rules!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Don't expect a warm welcome, but I can see why you were pissed. Sometimes it's better to break off negative family relationships, they do a lot of harm.

ashi

• Scully
    Scully

I'm so glad you put your sister in her place!

She lives with this veil over her eyes that filters out anything that doesn't make the JWs and the WTS look good, and I think it's high bloody time that they get the message that they are NO BETTER than any of "Christendom's" churches, and in fact are IMO worse for their refusal to deal with the serious problems in their midst. At least the Catholic church has made public apologies to people who were molested by priests and has paid compensation to the victims of the abuse. Yet the WTS calls Bill Bowen and all the Silent Lambs "LIARS". They disfellowship people for trying to expose the harm that is being done to children and shelter perpetrators under the "two eyewitnesses" rule. They threaten victims with shunning because they are "slandering" the "brothers".

How they can even consider themselves to be righteous and worthy of the claim of being "God's chosen people" is beyond me.

Oh, and I would certainly throw in her face the concept of "Theocratic War Strategy". And do mention the scripture at John 8:44 (you are from your father the Devil.... the father of the lie), and ask her how she feels, knowing that every time she lies for the JWs, she's giving an act of worship to the Devil.

Last time I heard, Devil worshipping was way worse than being gay.

The way I look at it, is that being gay is the way some people express their love and sexuality for someone else. And it's not like you have a choice in the matter, any more than you have a choice in what colour your eyes are.

But you know what I've noticed about JWs?? They cannot express REAL love. They do not have the capacity for unconditional love, but they do have the capacity for unconditional hatred. Pretty funny, isn't it? They have to work so hard at being "perfect", knowing that one little slip is going to get them kicked out on their arses, and they'll lose every friend they've ever had. That's no way to live. Lots of them wish they could die so they can end their misery and just wake up in the New System. Yet, they call themselves "the happiest people on earth". Yeah, right!!

We love ya BritBoy

Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Wow... thanks Sculy...

They wouldn't have made the cane if you weren't meant to break the rules!

• freeman
    freeman

Good for you Brit Boy. People that treat other people like shit need to hear it now and then. Hypocrisy shows up in many places, some times on the faces of those we love. To bad the Borg mind control hides this from the masses, as it is very hard for them to see their own double standards.

Responses to sexual orientation that differs from our own can manifest itself as a lighthearted joke, a bit of introspection of ones own sexuality, or as a very cruel act towards another human. I’m sorry the Borg promotes the latter and you were the victim of their intolerance. Best wishes to you.

Freeman

• mikelites
    mikelites

Hi Britty That must have been hard to take from your sister , but keep remembering YOU ARE FREE!!! man from the Borg, I just got back in touch with my cousin who is gay , and we just had a fantastic xmas he came to our house (the first time any of our family have got together for the "good ole pagan piss-up for about 25years!!)and we now talk regularly and our kids regard him as family so keep on trying and look to the future .

"Isn't life terrible thank God"

DYLAN THOMAS...
    (Top Welsh Bloke!!)

• SYN
    SYN

Britboy, if I stayed in my own place I would have asked you to come and lodge by me, but I don't, so sorry

Did the, uh, incident occur at the Krugersdorp Bethel? BWHAHAHA! Damn, that must have been the ultimate...shit...

Seriously, don't waste your time dabbling with narrow-minded homophobes, they aren't worth it. But she is your sister, and you two share chromosomes, so you should at least BOTH make the effort to be civil...just my R200.00...

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

It's difficult for me to admit this now but...

My husband's cousin (a MS) who was the best man at our wedding was disfellowsipped a week later for homosexuality. The last time I spoke to him was at our reception...as we danced, he whispered "goodbye" and that he "loved me and wished it was him that was marrying me." I didn't understand at the time, until I heard the announcement at the hall.

Although his cousin was his best and really his only friend,(because we were JWs) my husband and I did not see him or speak to him for 17 years. It wasn't because of our disapproval of his lifestyle it was out of fear of being disapproved by the JWs if we sought him out.

After a period of not attending the Kingdom Hall...we got a call one day...outta the blue. It was him. I guess he had heard from a non-JW relative that we had stopped attending. He was down on vacation from Florida with his "life partner" and wondered if he could see us. Needless to say, both my husband and I were so excited! We spent the day with them and caught up on the 17 years we had been apart. He hadn't changed...he was the same funny, lovable guy we had known and loved...except for the fact that he was free. Free to be himself.

Brit...I hope somewhere down the line your sister has a change of heart and embraces you again. Til then...Hate the intolerance....Love the person.

((((((((((((((((((BritBoy)))))))))))))))))))

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Britboy

Sorry she is giving you such a hard time.

She sounds like my fanantical sister - a top of the class little dub when it suits her.

Recently it was my grandmother's 80th birthday, she has never been a JW and so the non JW family had arranged a party for her and my sister decided that, on this occasion, she would make an exeption and attend. That was until she found out that our df'd brother was going to be going. She then threw a huge tantrum (which temporarily resulted in her disowning her parents for a week or so, because somehow this was their fault) about how she could not possibly be in the same room as a df'd person (this is her brother she is talking about!) and that he should be staying away because she was going. This disappointed my gran as she was really pleased that everyone would be coming. What she failed to see was that she had agreed to go to a birthday party, which was already against her religion!

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Britboy,

Well on this one I agree with you. I do think at some point you have to quit swallowing the crap people feed you, especially those in your family and those who are supposed to be your friends.

I did this with my sister in law at the end of 2000. One of my nieces that never calls me was having her second baby. At least this one was after she got married. She wanted me to drive down and bring my parents and I asked if Mitch was welcome and she said, no, that would make everyone uncomfortable.

Well, like you, I lost it and spit out 12 years worth all in one sitting. This was done on an AOL instant message which she copied and forwarded to two of my nieces.

I was sick of their hypocrisy. From materialism to alcoholism to gambling to dating drug dealers to illegitimate kids, her and my brother's family have done it all and of course they are all welcome at each other's home. But, one visit with my partner would make everyone uncomfortable.

fuck em

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit