It seems to me that Jesus' message to US is simpiler than previously thought

by sabastious 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Gospel's story of Jesus Christ, allegedly based on true events, has spurred many different varieties of thought and action. Some have furthered his message and some have disserved it whether they believe in his divinity or not. If the Gospels were a movie (I have never seen any of the Christ films) I would have this to say about him:

Jesus wants all us to get along by having empathy for each others circumstances and emotions. He says he'll give us power from his spirit realm if the period or location we live in presents us insurmountable circumstance. He heralds to us that if we apply love for our God, ourselves and neighbors, no matter what, that we will have a lustrous heritage to be proud of. He backed up his words by surrendering himself to the ones that would torture and kill him for no reason other than his stance for what was right; he stood up for love. He showed us, rather gruesomely, that when love is taken from a community for too long it's not worth taking it back in such grusome fashion over and over again. He said, in his own way, "STOP REPEATING HISTORY YOU MORONS! YES! I WILL HAVE TO BE TORTURED AND KILLED, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT HAS CAME TO, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO COME TO THIS IF YOU LOVE EACH OTHER AFTER I AM GONE." Then he was tortured and killed.

Jesus says his yoke is easy and his burden is light because, in his mind, he was "taking one" for the entire team. The reason why there is no history of the historical Jesus is because it was DESTROYED. The man actually did do it for all of us because he knew that his actions had a chance of breaking the bonds of not just his people but the people his people spread too. There is no need to panic when we see his message being used to control the minds of others because his message is within us all already because JESUS WAS HUMAN! He used the same tools that we have to create not only some great literature, but a message that truly has spanned across space and time.

It also should be noted that Ghandi's story is just as legit as Jesus' story!

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't recall Ghandi claming to speak for God, represent God, be the living Word of God or do the thinsg that only God can do -forgive sins, heal the sick and raise the dead ( even if these things never happened he was certaibly accused of doing them), say that HE is the way to everlating life.

Jesus didn't really give us much of a chance to JUST think of him as simple a great teacher, either he was the Son of God or he was, well, out there to say the least.

• TDaze
    TDaze

I don't know, "play nice" doesn't seem to be a very complicated message. Unless you start complicating it with all the supernatural hocus pocus and afterlife bullshit, of course.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I don't recall Ghandi claming to speak for God, represent God, be the living Word of God or do the thinsg that only God can do -forgive sins, heal the sick and raise the dead ( even if these things never happened he was certaibly accused of doing them), say that HE is the way to everlating life.

Logically I must conclude that Jesus didn't do any of those things since it cannot be proven. No sense in trying to account for the unaccountable.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Jesus didn't really give us much of a chance to JUST think of him as simple a great teacher, either he was the Son of God or he was, well, out there to say the least.

If Jesus was indeed the Son of God that would mean that God can have a son which would mean.... which would mean... which would mean... You see how that works?

Forget the Son of God thing because the second we account for the unaccountable we suddenly have a paint brush in our hands ready to paint reality.

-Sab

• sir82
    sir82
    The reason why there is no history of the historical Jesus is because it was DESTROYED.

Interesting - I don't think I've heard that argument before. What are you basing it on?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

LOL !
    Ok, good point, we really can't PROVE that Jesus did or said any of those things, evidence aside since evidence still does not equal proof.

But he must have did and said soemthing to convince people even after his supposed death, to go out and preach his Gospel - That he was the SOn of God, that he died for Us and that he was ressurected, thus starting a "new age" of Man, the beginning of God's new covenant with all people, through Christ.

We are to live as if already "ressurected in Christ", in other words, to live like Christ, to love, to forgive, to heal, to cure, to give and if needed, to sacrifice, all for love.

• Mad Sweeney
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    Interesting - I don't think I've heard that argument before. What are you basing it on?

Mostly out of my behind; a hunch based on a few loose facts. It's very possible that Jesus may well have not existed, but that explanation doesn't account for the rift that was left behind that we are still feeling today. It's also possible that he was a construct based on many different people's acts of revolution and bravery.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Those wacky OT editors !

Always editing stuff out but always forgetting bits and pieces, what a bunch of tools !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit