Must Read Message I got on youtube....

by Tuesday 27 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think some of your videos are pretty good. But surely you jest when you say 500 left the Watchtower mainly because of them? I would be happy to be proved wrong.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ah, the legendary Tim! We have corresponded a couple of time on YouTube.

My son loved your take on the 'demons' and the 'demon posessed' drink. ''JEHOVAH TM !'' See the demons all ran away!

It was your vid about the 'overlapping' I found most happifying and it helped deprogram me when I finally went to the 2010 UK A$$€mb£y. I explained it to my wife and daughter but they closed their minds to it. After all this ex-elder is obviously a 'mentally diseased apostate' TM .

I owe you, man, seriously.

Do you accept Manopoly money?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Tim, your vids as well as CSTheApostate's helped me a lot when I was exiting... I already had the inkling that it wasn't the truth, but I needed the solidifying information that both of you guys put out. That, combined with Hassan's book, really made me see that leaving was the right course. When I went to last year's convention and heard the elastic generation talk for myself, that's when I walked away for good...but it was the forewarnings about that talk that made me REALLY sit up and listen.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    I think some of your videos are pretty good. But surely you jest when you say 500 left the Watchtower mainly because of them? I would be happy to be proved wrong.

It's not at 500, it's about about 460 or so. I used to keep track, bearing in mind that my videos have been viewed more than 300 thousand times, that's not that big of a number. Every time I come online or I go on a call, or especially when people found my facebook account I was getting messages saying my videos helped people out. See above :)

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm really glad my videos could help you guys out.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Tim, I find your videos very helpful as your subjects are so well researched and you have a gift for putting into words things that I know to be false about WT teachings, but don't quite have your gift for explaining them in such a concise and easy to understand manner.

It appears there are many others who also find your videos extremely valuable, whether they are looking for answers personally or just searching for the right words to try and reason with our JW relatives and their closed minds.

Thank you for all your hard work in putting those videos together , they are very much appreciated

• nugget
    nugget

when I was starting to question the watchtower organisation my husband played your videos constantly they helped us to clarify things. The ripple effect is enormous, who knows how many have been reached indirectly.

Thank you

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How did you get the figure of 460?

• talesin
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I watched most of your youtubes and enjoyed them. I was already out thought . I could see why your youtubes could help JW's get out because it isn't "apostate" to be on youtube. The curious would be more likely to watch youtube then going on an apostate site...

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    How did you get the figure of 460?

From the personal messages I've received on youtube of people saying "Your videos have made me leave". I was keeping rigorous notes because I found it incredible until right around 400, then I had to take a break from youtube and have kept a bit of a running tab in my head since then.

At least from the way it sounds 500 isn't really an inplausable number since I think most of the folks commenting here haven't specifically sent me a facebook or a youtube message to tell me. I actually spoke on one of the conference calls and someone there told me how my videos were the first thing they viewed and moved them to leaving.

I have to say as well it's very overwhelming when people are giving me compliments on the videos as I quite literally thought no one would even watch them, I never thought it would kind of grow to what it has. Just hearing that others have benefited from the videos I've made gives me a great, big smile across my face.

Hopefully I'll get off my lazy ass and make some more soon.

PunkofNice I'm so glad someone benefitted from that generation video, I was hoping it would have more of an effect than it did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit