Please put a JW hat on...

by zombie 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

TR, not entirely true. The Jews were self governing. They could have hammered them very easily.

Slipnslidemaster: "Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty."
    - Britney Spears

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh crap, you said JW hat didn't you?

Sorry.

Ok, we shouldn't speculate on what Jesus actually did or didn't do during the time of the Romans. We would want to wait on Jehovah and pray, all the more so as the end draws near. It does not good to trouble our Bible trained concenious (sp) to dwell on things that take time away from our bible study and preaching in this time of the end.

This thread is now closed.

Slipnslidemaster: "Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty."
    - Britney Spears

• zombie
    zombie

Wow! Thread closed, for a minute I thought I was at GC .... yiiiiiikkkkkkeeees!

We never see Jesus carry out Laws regarding punishment of sinners, rather a refresher and forgiver. The elders who are supposed to imitate Jesus, though, seem to carry out punishment much more easily than refreshing and shepherding.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Sorry but I'm afraid of JW hat hair!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• JanH
    JanH

zombie,

With JW hat on I'd point out this text is not part of the original John's gospel, and then say it is obvioulsy a non-inspired and unathentic text.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

LOL @ Venice!!

Slipnslidemaster:"Baywatch has enriched and, in many cases, helped save lives. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to continue with a project which has has such a significance for so many."
    - David Hasselhoff

• Moxy
    Moxy

i understand the question to be, not why didnt jesus uphold the law, but rather, why hadnt the jews upheld the law and stoned these sinners before jesus had even got there.

ironically, i think the JW answer (or any fundamentalist for that matter) would probably be that the jews had strayed from the law. if they were faithful to god, those women would be cold in the ground and jesus wouldnt have had an opportunity to demonstrate christian mercy!

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit