Dear Lee - One Year Later

by Lady Lee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am amazed that I have been working on Dear Lee for a year now. So many times I wonder what on earth can I write? But something usually pops up.

Often I find inspiration by things people have posted here so I thank many of you who have posted questions and issues over the years.

I am also inspired by discussions I have had with people in my life, either from Meet-ups or friends. I have discovered that inspiratiuon can come from many places.

The important thing is to be open to what we see and hear and feel. If we are connected to ourselves, who we are as people more than just as ex-Witnesses then we will find healing and that our new lives will be better than we ever expected it to be.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thank you for the positive thoughts L Lee . . . and congrats to you on your 'anniversary' . . . I've read a number of articles and find them quite informative . . . don't go anywhere soon.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You're an intelligent woman. Hope that you continue to find inspiration to keep you writing.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Thank you Lady Lee. My wife and I always look forwarded to what you write about. Many things you write touch us on what we have or are going through. Keep up the fine work. Totally ADD

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You have been great and I like the fact that you are opening up more about YOURSELF and your struggles. You are indeed a bona-fide down-to-earth person like the rest of us! Keep them coming!

Lee's Blog:

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/

Randy

• Violia
    Violia

Regular reader here

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

thanks It's nice to know people are reading

Yes Randy real person here - imperfections and all and that is OK Far better and easier than trying to be perfect

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

LL -

To quote the Bible: "cast your bread upon the waters, one day it will come back to you."

You cannot possibly know how many have read your column and benefitted. it's the Ten Lepers Rule - Only ONE of the healed will come back and say "Thanks".

I came to the board years ago, but from somethings I read - by you, I defused all sorts of mind control triggers.

You know, I can't even account for the details now. But Freud says that when a problem unravels, his patient cannot remember all the details ("LIttle Hans" - such a sweet story)

It was your stuff that really helped me overcome the control.

Here's to Loving you on your Annivussary.

OXO

HB

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Lee, you have a great knack for telling difficult truths in a kind, understandable way. I appreciateyour hard work writing them. Thank you!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow HB

No I never can be sure how much what I write helps some people. So I just keep writing

GL

I remember in one of my counseling courses we had a prof that often talked over the heads of the students. She would ask a question and I could see the puzzled looks on their faces. They had no idea what she was talking about. So I would ask a question that more or less put the issue into plain words for people. Then you could see the lights go on. To be fair few of my classmates had any experience counseling people. I had been at it a couple of years already so I knew what the prof was trying to say and it was easy to say something in a way that didn't put the prof down. But the students knew and a few came and told me that they ap[preciated my "questions".

I think that is what Oprah did with her show. She asked questions of the professionals and helped the common person understand things that they could never put words to. She gave the world permission to say the hard things, to speak about abuse, homosexuality, adultery, mammograms and the "Vageejay". She provided easy to understand information about our bodies, various illnesses, therapy and well too much to say. The world is a different and better place because of what she did on her show.

Daytime television is most definitely better.

Now to see what she does with the next decade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit