District Assembly time...let the whining begin.

by scooterspank 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Can't wait to hear all of the miserable whining on facebook...too early, the bed in my hotel room is so uncomfortable, just filled up the car $$$....OUCH! Will be reading from the boat, sitting on the ocean, having a true appreciation of my many blessings. Ahhhhhh... poor schmucks!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(never mind)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Hey man this convention is gonna be the BEST ONE EVER even though five minutes after its over theyll all forget the subject and anything that was said.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They should change the theme of the convention too,"OBEY THE SLAVE!!!" .

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

What about this type of whining?

"Stupid cult WT$ is going to have yet another convention brainwashing session this year. Expect more BS about obeying the GB, more cult rags and Kool-Aid released. They should change the theme of the convention too,"OBEY THE SLAVE!!!" Hey man this convention is gonna be the BEST ONE EVER even though five minutes after its over theyll all forget the subject and anything that was said."

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

You're a funny individual StandFirm. Have fun wasting your weekend. Turns out that weekend I would have been at the convention I'm gonna be in San Fran for a three day music festival. Now THERE'S a good use of a weekend. Trust me, I'll be doing no whining this year for the convention.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@ MrFreeze~ I'm gonna be enjoying a nice 3-day weekend with my bf while "my" convention is going on. Can't wait!! What a better way to spend my time than sitting in an auditorium listening to some old codger drone out his outline peppered with "Aren't we HAPPY, brothers and sisters??" and seeing 8,000 people snort and wake up and applaud for some reason they're not sure of. I'll be lounging by the pool with a margarita and the love of my life.

@StandFirm~ This isn't whining...this is pointing out the ridiculousness of the entire fiasco and having a good chuckle at it. JW's at convention time murmur worse than a bunch of freed slaves wandering the desert outside Egypt . "Waaaaah we want the leeks and the garlic!" is likened to "Waaaah my hotel bed is too hard!". For people who should be "happified" that they are getting to experience this "spiritual paradise" for 3 days, they sure are a group of whiny bitches.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Only a deluded Dub would equate mockery with whining.

• teel
    teel

Sorry for being a bit off-topic here, but don't want to start another thread just for this:

Could someone tell me in which WT are the local convention dates listed? I'd like to remember the poor fellows from my old congo who are still stuck inside, while I'm having a relaxing weekend.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Teel, you cann go to jw.org and look at the convention listings. Doesn't show who's assigned where but neither did the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit