2003 for me is latest Implication of the end

by TheLoveDoctor 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

*** w03 12/15 p.15OurWatchfulnessTakesOnGreaterUrgency***

Warned of“ThingsNotYetBeheld”

6 In Noah’s day, Jehovah declared: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.” (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring “the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.”—Genesis 6:17.

7 Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance, and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival. “After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld,” says the apostle Paul, “[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household.” (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in “the time of the end.” (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” states the Bible. (1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah’s will with a keen sense of urgency.

Now u tell me what is the implication of these words for any real student of wt literature? How would one with half a brain take this. Its as bad as 80 generation and 1994. They make implications and talk and write about things they ought naught.

• sizemik
    sizemik

With a scriptual combination like this at thier disposal . . . 2034 will be a "marked" year . . . from about 2030 onwards.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

exactly and Iv seen it on other sights as a prediction by wt although not stated it is clear that it should not could be taken that way because their reputation is very clear.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

HA!

Thats the same article that sent me paacking!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Its a prediction without predicting, technically...

as 2030 rounds they can real out this old gem of light and use it to kickstart the rank and file into doing a pre 75 and after proclaim that they didn't predict anything, the sheep ran ahead of the shepherd...

its called plausable deniability

oz

• steve2
    steve2

Ignoring the decades prior to 1914 when these proud idiots began the never-ending countdown. Let's count from 1874 - or was it 1876? - when the Watchtower Society was first legally incorporated .

• sizemik
    sizemik

What pisses me off bigtime . . . is that they continue to make this shit work for them. And will probably keep on doing so . . . why not?, it works.

And that pisses me off bigtime (did I say that?) . . .

i need a drink

Rant over

• steve2
    steve2

There's an old Latin saying that roughly translated into English says, The world wants to be deceived. The easiest thing in the world is to claim to speak for God: Say it loudly and convincingly enough, and you'll soon gather a lot of dim wits to your side. People's need for comfort and reasurance is often greater than their need for rational thinking. It's not so much that a sucker is born every minute - but that the human condition means that most people, in one way or another, are suckers for predictions of a better world.

• luna2
    luna2

People want to believe that they have value and that someone cares for them. The JWs promote themselves as caring people and do the love bomb thing very well. They also are good at making you believe that Jehovah in the sky cares and is taking steps to change the world and will reward all his little worshippers. Its seductive, especially to people who feel stomped on and don't have a lot of self confidence. They want to believe this stuff so they always get excited when another date or mathematical equation is produced, either by the WT itself or via rumors in the congregation.

When you so desperately want something to be true, you are willing to be manipulated time and time again....until you finally wake up and the perpetual promise is no longer enough to offset the pain of constantly being flogged with not doing enough and not being good enough by the loving brothers, and the hypocracy is finally too much to ignore any longer.

Its a sad, abusive situation.

• steve2
    steve2
    When you so desperately want something to be true, you are willing to be manipulated time and time again....until you finally wake up and the perpetual promise is no longer enough to offset the pain of constantly being flogged with not doing enough and not being good enough by the loving brothers, and the hypocracy is finally too much to ignore any longer.

Yes, put differently, it's called growing up and taking responsibility for one's decisions and recognizing that religious conviction for many is simply another way of being far too willing to hand responsibility over to other adults to take care of one's human need for reassurance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit