Blood

by Blind_Of_Lies 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maze
    Maze

You can Google several phrases and there are thousands of articles that carry the implicit meaning of avoiding the intake of these substances into the human body by any means.

Abstain from tobacco” 36,100 results
    Abstain from alcohol” 1,190,000 results
    Abstain from drugs” 127,000 results
    Abstain from sugar” 20,500

http://www.ccsb.org/Patients_Family/Cancer_Prevention/Healthy_Eating_Lifestyle_Tips/Abstain_from_Tobacco_Use/

Abstain from Tobacco Use

By abstaining from tobacco use, you dramatically lower your risk of developing one of the deadliest cancers - lung cancer.

Cancers of the lips, tongue, mouth and throat, as well as the colon, are also caused by tobacco use. Not only smoking cigarettes, but also cigars and pipes, as well as the use of smokeless tobacco, can cause these cancers.

Whether they said, "abstaining from tobacco use" or "abstaining from tobacco," there are various means to induce nicotine into the brain and central nervous system and “abstaining” from tobacco in this article includes all of these delivery systems. Even if you insist that this is the improper use of the English language, it doesn't necessarily imply any undisclosed meaning in Acts 15:29 like strictly [eating or drinking]. Abstaining from blood or "blood use" can imply any form of intake.

The prohibition on blood in the Old and New Testament is for two reasons:

1. Health considerations
    2. The sanctity of blood

Neither of these reasons change with the intravenous intake of blood.

• watson
    watson

1) Sanctity of Blood

2) Health Considerations

You got it backwards Maze.

• TD
    TD

Maze,

You have yet to show an "Abstain from" phrase invoked as an independent construction --With an upper case 'A' and a period after the noun.

Even if you were able to find such an obvious grammatical mistake on the 'net (Which wouldn't be a huge surprise) you're still not going to circumvent the basics of Bible translation with Google.

The Bible says: απεχεσθαι...και αιματος --An infinitive use of the middle voice: "Keep abstaining...from blood" as the NWT itself puts it. The continuation of a pre-existing command is clear and unmistakable and for the umpteenth time, JW literature candidly acknowledges this. Would you like me to provide references?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    No one here has appreciation for such things so you're not expected to understand.

How the hell can you be so arrogant as to say that! . . . You don't even know who I am, where I've been, where I live . . . so how do you know I have no appreciation of the biblical teachings on the sanctity of blood?

TD is quite right . . . and the pre-existing command is found in the Mosaic Law . . . which is no longer binding on Christians.

The context under which this so called "decree" was made was concessionary to the Jews who were bloody-minded troublemakers in the first century . . . much like JW's are today. But I'm not going to waste my time explaining the context when anyone with half a brain can read and see it for themselves.

The above statement you made is typically JW . . . patronisingly dismissive when you have no logical argument . . . what you fail to see is, it appears to us normal folks as simply moronic.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

All I know is that at one time I wouldn't dare give blood or accept it. Now I'm happy to donate my blood - it can save a life. I'm happy to accept blood if it will save mine.

I'm done "reasoning" these things out. I did it 5 years ago and it was tiresome.

I applaud all of you that have the passion to continue to disprove the JW theories. Well done!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Maze, please respond to my previous post on this thread according to your form of Watchtowology. Also Maze, did you know tobacco is used on organic farms as a bug repellent? Does that mean JW's can't eat organic fruits and vegetables since they are practically covered with tobacco?

The prohibition in the OT is only because of the symbolic value of blood, they had no idea of the health considerations. Given that they were nomadic for quite a while, blood is actually very nutritious and frequently used by nomadic groups when they are short on supplies so I doubt they really saw the medical value (if there is any) of abstaining from the eating of blood.

Current-day Jews or Muslims do not abstain from the medical use of blood however even though they both have the same scriptures where it says to abstain from blood. How do you argue that Jews and Muslims that are far more 'orthodox' and literal in the interpretation of the text do not feel that this applies to the life-saving properties of blood but only to the symbolic value of blood.

Also, if Blood is so important for life saving and eternal salvation, why does the Watchtower condone the use of blood in Bulgaria in exchange for state recognition (and tax savings) of Jehovah's Witnesses? Why are children allowed to have blood transfusions just so the cases don't get to court?

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Maze is the epitome of what makes me hate the WTBTS and pity those who call themselves Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are SO blinded by the false reasoning and forbidden logic of Watchtower that they even attempt to justify that logic using more Watchtower reasoning’s.

Maze- I have a challenge for you. Use that Google you seem to be so good at and try to justify allowing a child to die instead of giving them a blood product or a blood transfusion. Justify it using the logic and teachings of ANYONE other than Watchtower or offshoots of The Bible Students. Be sure to include silly things in your research such as organ donation being cannibalism and then not being… oh yes and whole blood VS fractions and all that fun stuff. Once you gather all your facts cross reference that to “The Sanctity Of Life”. Let me know what you find.

Now check this out:

GOOGLE SEARCH “cult” About 84,900,000 results (0.09 seconds)

I win.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The prohibition on blood in the Old and New Testament is for two reasons:

1. Health considerations

Nice try Maze but you got caught with your pants down and disingenuous lie in your mouth...... HA HAA

See what kind deliberate lies that will come out of JWS just to protect and support the WTS. organization.

Nice cult indoctrination.

Its called spiritual warfare if I recall.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

No Its called Spiritual Food, notice the implied similarity between food; something you can’t live without and Cult Indoctrination something they want you to THINK you can’t live without! … WTBS mind rapes these people every step of the way!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How about spiritual brain washing done Watchtower style .

Religion is about selectively cherry picking what scripture you want to create your very own interpretation with, which in turn will make you stand out as a

important spiritual seer to the higher spiritual power.

When you infuse fear with that interpretation you create followers as well as self-empowerment.

You know what I mean dont you elder Maze.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit