Bible Study Report Form S-3

by Marvin Shilmer 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Bible Study Report Form S-3

Today I uploaded a new article onto my blog. This article addresses a document that was used perhaps more often than any other among Jehovah’s Witnesses. This document was used so often that most took for granted the information collected and shared by means of these things.

The article is titled Bible Study Report Form S-3 and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/bible-study-report-form-s-3.html

I encourage readers to review and comment.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Wow! I haven't seen that form in a loong time. So, what was the reason given for no longer using them?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

AK MCGRATH,

Watchtower did not give a particular reason for ceasing to use these forms. They just told Witnesses they no longer needed to use them.

Marvin Shilmer

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Thank you, Marvin, and I appreciate all the info you put out here for us

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Marvin,

Boy did that take me back to a darker time ! Of course I did not use those forms much, I never really tried to study with anyone, let alone drag them in to the religion, but I recognise that form.

I guess here in the U.K at least, with our Data Protection Act it would be illegal to use since the 1998 Act became law.

Even where it would still be legal, it is doubtful practice, and perhaps the WT does not want it to come out that they operate a sinister "Big Brother" system to run their cult.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thank you for that information.

I left in October of '05, so I didn't know they had discontinued using the form.

Your article reminds me of how the Nazis used lists of names, addresses, and info about with whom the person was connected.

The White Pages doesn't connect anyone with anything but their name, address, and phone number.

This form does.

I don't like it.

• trillaz
    trillaz

thanks for these memories an uploading the form

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Once those forms became obsolete --the bible studies in the congregation suddently rose. I suspect that without control, some made studies up to make themselves look good.

I am wondering if they discontinued those forms because most countries have stricter privacy laws.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My guess is that the forms were removed for both reasons: to avoid dealing with privacy laws AND so that BS numbers would go up.

The Borg is great at manufacturing "positive" statistics. How do you get several branch regions to show growth in this age of decline, for instance? You close the branch next door and merge all their publishers with the branches in the vicinity. One branch is no longer counted and the others that got merged all have INcreases in publishers. It's genius because the JDubs don't analyze what they're told; they just clap when they're told to like Washington Redskins fans at FedEx Field.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Marked...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit