Books Missing From Libraries

by FrankWTower 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

Does anyone know if it's WT policy to exclude certain volumes of Watchtower/Awake magazines or other literature from the kingdom hall libraries?

I was doing some research to confirm some of what I've seen online but many key publications are missing from the KH library.

Other stuff I checked for was completely different from what's shown on scans and images from jwfacts.org and other sites.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I dont know of any official communications to KHs regarding contents of the library, but in mine they have lots of old stuff inc studies in scriptures vols 1-7, many OLD books and many OLD WT and awakes. We had several older JWs die over the years and their old publications come to the KH library if not already there.

I err "borrowed" some of the books over time during my research and then returned them when I'd finished. I didnt bother asking in case they said I couldnt remove them. That would have made reading them and research nigh on impossible so i didnt ask.

Volumes 2 and 6 of studies in the scriptures were what I read.

If your KH doesnt have them try asking some of the oldtimers in the hall if they have the books you want to borrow...

What I DO find very suspicious though is the LACk of older WT and Awakes and publications on the WT CD! Kind of makes you go hmmmm. There is PLENTY of room on there for them, or else release a 2 disc version or even (shock horror) a DVD... but no. The WTS doesnt like to make it easy for JWs to realise it's all based on wrong chronology and a wrong premise so they dont let us easily have access to those older publications for research.

• Stealth
    Stealth

In the last congregation that I attended, they had the JW year book for every year on the shelf, except for the year they pandered to Adolf Hitler. I think it was 1931 or 1932. It struck me as odd, because I was looking just for that year so I could read the comments for myself.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Seek and yee shall find: http://jehovah.net.au/books.html

As to differences between scans and ones you read sometimes there are different versions published that are amended, so if online it says different make sure you look at the same version if you dont believe what you find on the internet.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Other stuff I checked for was completely different from what's shown on scans and images from jwfacts.org and other sites.

That's almost accusatory. Could you post some details please?

• Essan
    Essan

Regarding differences between scans shown online and what is read in the publications in KH libraries - bear in mind that the Society has often rather slyly edited out anything embarrassing in subsequent editions and printing of various books. Rewriting history is a talent of theirs. So you have to check various earlier editions of the same book to find out what was actually said.

It's like when they said that the preaching work would be completed "in our 20th century" in the actual magazine, but by the time it hit the bound volume and later on the CD rom, they changed it to "In our day".

Sneaky.

• pirata
    pirata

The changes I've noticed:

• Studies in the Scriptures (multiple revisions, mainly related to date predictions)
    • Truth that leads to everlasting print (new edition which removed mention of 1975), I have the original for comparison)
    • That ONE issue of the Watchtower where the original magazine said that the end would come by the end of the 20th Century ('fixed' in the bound volume and Watchtower Library)
    • Revelation Book (new light updates, but did not revise the publication date. Instead just reprinted it and sent out a list of changes in Our Kingdom Ministry).
    • Live Forever Book (Sodom and Gomorrah people will/won't be resurrected)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Watch_Tower_Society_publications#For_use_in_preaching also lists other books that have been revised.

• talesin
    talesin

There's information on JWN, verified, about the Truth TM books; just do a search to find the thread(s). I checked in my parents' library when I first read about it here, and looked it up for myself (they have almost all the old books, as well as bound volumes for decades).

t

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

A couple years ago, after I started to read this site - I remembered my parents having old bound volumes - even ones were it was a binder were you three hole punched the magazines and organized it yourself. I went to my parents house and they had recently thrown all the ones pre 1990 (ish) away. I think they mentioned that they were told to throw them away since all the new reference material would be coming out of the newer publications. Go figure.

• stapler99
    stapler99

If they were honest about their history and had nothing to hide, they could progressively digitize every single Watchtower publication ever made (including various editions and translations), and release as a DVD or as a Torrent. Space is not a constraint. These silent changes are clear cases of intellectual dishonesty - clearly they hope they won't be caught out. They show that they have something to hide. If they believe that they have been making progress as the "light gets brighter", they should present the old publications with a disclaimer that the understanding may have changed. They don't do this because their old stuff is so embarrassing in places.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit