God these people piss me off! I am literally shaking. And since I like others to share my animosity, here you go:
- Jasmine Henderson"I finally decided at the age of 63 that it is inevitable," she said, according to the LA Times. "I think it's like letting black people come to white churches, or letting women become ministers."US Presbyterian Church to allow gay ministersnews.yahoo.comThe US Presbyterian Church voted to allow gays and lesbians to be ordained as ministers and lay leaders, becoming the fourth mainline Protestant church to do so.on Tuesday · Like · · Share · Unsubscribe
- Jasmine Henderson The comparison is nonsense, homosexuality is a choice whereas race is not. Tuesday at 3:44pm · Like · 1 person
- Brenda O Keeffe homosexuality is not a choice, if it was nobody would choose it in this homophobic society. 15 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person
- Bruce Martin Chua It's not a choice. Rather, it's a mental disorder. 14 hours ago · Like · 1 person
- Brenda O Keeffe The world would be a happier place without bigots. 13 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person
- Sarah Bunker Gasp!!! 10 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe are you gasping at the mental disorder remark or the bigot remark? 9 hours ago · Like
- Jasmine Henderson I dont think our society is as homophobic anymore. I read a good comparison in either watchtower or awake magazine recently - we all have a violent streak within us, would that mean its ok for us to rape or murder? 6 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe Are you comparing violence and homosexuality? 6 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua "Big-ot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion." Have I shown myself to be intolerant of anything? Not really. Have I stated something along the lines of "HOMOSEXUALS ARE EVIL AND DESERVE TO BURN IN HELL!"? Nope. In fact, I'm automatically not a bigot because I'm tolerating your opinion and responding to it with my own. And without anything improper for an actual debate, either! Gee whiz, I'm smart!
On a side note, the world would be a happier place without Scientologists. 5 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe You win - small minded might have been a better observation. In my humble opinion anyone who thinks homosexuality is a mental illness needs to broaden their mind. For the record I am not a scientologist, just an individual with an interest in the brain washing power of cults. 5 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person
- Bruce Martin Chua "A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which is not a part of normal development or culture."
Behavioral pattern -> Homosexual men often act like women.
Distress -> All homosexuals go through confusion and distress.
Normal development -> Being attracted to the opposite sex.
Normal culture -> Being straight is part of being "normal" in U.S culture.
Homosexuality meets all these requirements, and can thus be classified as a mental disorder in the U.S.
To which I add, "Stigma and discrimination add to the suffering associated with the disorders, and have led to various social movements attempting to increase acceptance."
WOW, no foolin'? 5 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe You know it's very easy to copy and paste from any number of definition websites, what's not so easy is to develop one's own thought pattern. 5 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers Wow...this is making for good laughter...unbelievable 5 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe Homosexual men and women would be the first to describe themselves as normal. 5 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua Are you stating that I copied/pasted that onto here? Lol no, go ahead and search it, you'll find that the only things I copied are in quoatation marks. 5 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe If you say so, I stand my ground in refuting the allegation that homosexuality is a mental illness. 5 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua Care to disprove rather than disagree? 5 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers ONLY 6 times in the Bible its even mentioned...Christ Jesus is who we all want to follow...surely then, if it was such a huge matter, why did He NEVER utter a single word about it...just sayin.. Im a free thinker 5 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua Bestiality's mentioned even fewer, I believe. And I don't think Jesus has ever mentioned it.
*Stares at dog lustfully* 5 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers Completely different subjects bro... 5 hours ago · Like · 1 person
- Bruce Martin Chua Mmm, not really. Both involve human sexuality and Jesus' "take" on it. 4 hours ago · Like
- Jasmine Henderson Brenda, im not comparing the two. my point was -- science has found that violent people are that way because of their genes.. if that is so, should they have free reins to do as they want..? 4 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers Bless your heart.. 4 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers You are completely comparing the two... Why is there such an overwhelming need to be right?? Isn't that a bit like being, "Haughty and puffed up with pride"...We are all separate individuals with individual opinions, I just don't see the need in being the one that is "right" 4 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe Jasime - violence harms those against whom it is perpetrated, homosexuality between consenting adults harms, in my opinion, nobody. 4 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua It's not so much "being right" as it is "correcting others' viewpoints".
Also, as JW's, we need to have a united belief in things. Not necessarily *all* things, but most major concerns such as politics, sexuality, etc. It's what makes us different from people other religions. 4 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua Also Brenda, it states in various Watchtowers/Awakes that homosexuality hurts God and that the people participating in homosexuality (or any form of fornication, really) are "sinning against their own body". 4 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers Who are you to correct my friend? Once again, "Puffed up with pride." 4 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers A man made article.... I referred to the Bible earlier... 4 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua I'm merely using logic and the Bible. Homosexuality is obviously not a choice, and I proved it was a mental illness.
Also, you're starting to remind me of a man in I saw outside a convention site, once. He was holding up a sign that said "READ THE BIBLE, NOT THE WATCHTOWER". Careful, careful. The "man made articles" were made/approved by the Faithful and Discreet Slave/our Governing Body. 4 hours ago · Like
- Matt Salyers You know...people that want to argue that topic so much, are always the one hiding something..Who cares, why is it such a big deal to you little one...And by the way, if it makes you feel better about yourself, you proved it only to yourself and not to me, so, actually, you didn't prove anything...sorry. 4 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua 1. I'm hiding something because I'm trying to enforce my view on things? Stop commenting about the subject and I will, too. Until then I'll continue to do so.
2. God cares about sexuality. Read the Bible.
3. Didn't prove anything? I apparently proved enough to make Brenda not even try to disprove it. You wanna give it a go?
Also, how you're not commenting on my "man-made article" comment makes me laugh. So. Much. People who have "No comment" almost always means that they know they've been exposed. 3 hours ago · Like
- Jasmine Henderson You ask why this is a big deal.. this is a Jehovah's Witnesses group - and i shared a link about gay ministers making their way in the churches which according to the bible, does not go hand-in-hand. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But make sure it is in harmony with the bible. :) 3 hours ago · Like · 1 person
- Brenda O Keeffe Bruce your narrow minded views incense me. However I am comforted by the fact that you and those of you with similar views are a dying breed in civilised society. 3 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe Amen! 3 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua Oh, you mean Traditionalist views? The very same ones the Governing Body encourages? The ones that, unlike Worldly views, the Bible encourages? We're not dying, far from it. Every true JW is learning to accept them, one by one or in bulk. You and Matt should start, y'know, before Armageddon takes place and all those with Worldly views die. 3 hours ago · Like
- Brenda O Keeffe I'll finish with the worldly saying: talk to the hand 'cause the face aint listening to you anymore Bruce. And if you do meet a maker I hope he/she/it wraps you on the knuckles for being so bloody judgemental. 3 hours ago · Like
- Bruce Martin Chua Tell me, who invited you here? You obviously aren't a Witness.
Also, God's technically an "it", but is commonly referred to as "He". 2 hours ago · Like
- Jasmine Henderson At the risk of blowing this up again.. Matt, you got me thinking about Jesus not once mentioning homosexuality. Here are my thoughts -- He was a Jew and focused on the Jews, he sent his disciples to go preach only to the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 10:6. The jews were already under the mosiac law which strictly condemned homosexuality. So there was no need for Jesus to clarify.. but he spoke of adultery and how in the beginning God put together a man and a woman. But then, at the end he told his disciples to go to all the nations, teaching them all the things he commanded them. -Matthew 28:19.. and since the nations didnt know/live by the law, . about an hour ago · Like · 1 person
- Erik Sotelo You guys should know by now that arguing with apostates is a no no. 23 minutes ago · Like
- Charis Branson There we go again, calling anyone who differs an apostate. Its so much easier to label people than think for ourselves. 2 minutes ago · Like
- Charis Branson And as for homosexuality being considered a mental disorder, look it up. In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association declassified as a mental disorder. That overturned a decision they made around the turn of the century. Join the 21st century people! about a minute ago · Like