Post a favorite male/female duet song

by journey-on 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• journey-on
    journey-on

Motown!! Now you're speakin' my language, Ms. Shelby. Cut my wisdom teeth on that music!

Here's one that technology helped make...(I get teary seeing it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQv_G7XgUD8

• Violia
    Violia

leonard cohen and the webb sisters. their voices mingle so beautifully. also the webb sisters with him "in my secret life"

• littlerockguy
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Keyser....Loved it! Stevie Nicks and Don Henley...both favs of mine. I last saw Stevie in 2009 at Fleetwood Mac's Unleashed tour. She still looked good and sounded good!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ah, John and Yoko --give me a break. I despise her. Paul and Linda--not as bad. I've seen him several times in concert. With my powerful binoculars, I zoomed on Linda keyboard playing. She slowly pretends to play. The real keyboardist is a whiz. it is comical.

Both of them are/were codependent by a long shot. If Linda is the price I paid for Paul to perform, I am glad she was around.

When I meet younger people who think John and Yoko was a love story, I just laugh so hard.

It is not great but it is fun.

I've Got You Babe, Sonny & Cher. Get Back with Paul and Tina Turner was awesome.

• littlerockguy
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was walking one day in Central Park, next to Central Park West. Suddenly, on the path, Yoko was there with her boyfriend. Our eyes met. I was determined to let her know how fans my age view her. Of course, I did not want to threaten her. So I gave her a concentrated look of disdain and unlike others, I know about you. (having read abt 80 biographies).

She returned my gaze. It was weird. Finally, I looked away b/c I did not want to menance, esp. so close to where he was murdered.

Just my little Yoko adventure.

Two months ago I was in the Museum of Modern Art when a blood curlding scream rang out. No one moved to help. The staff was calm. I asked whatever was going on. They were doing a Yoko installation. I said, Oh, in a certain voice. The entire elevator responded, "Oh" with disdain back.

• Violia
    Violia

sorry I could not find better versions of Leonard Cohen and his lead singer/s. I have heard some where their voices mingle incredibly.

• talesin
    talesin

girlie

paste the URL from youtube into your reply,,, then highlight it ... you will see that the "links" button on the task bar lights up ... click on it, and a box will pop up ...copy the link into the appropriate line in the box , execute,,, and voila! your youtube link will appear.

t

• journey-on
    journey-on
    (having read abt 80 biographies).

BOTR, Why are you so interested in Yoko Ono if you have such disdain for her? Just curious.

Yep...It's a classic duet -- I've Got You Babe (Sonny & Cher)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit